Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dogs, Snakes, and Storms that shakes...


Today was an interesting day to say the least. In the morning there was quite a clamor from outside. Pach (the Dog) was freaking out. I had just put him out when I was downstairs for breakfast. Wondering if his barking had to do with one of the cats (Chester and Waffles) I headed back downstairs to see. It turns out the dog was barking at the dogs next door. They were in the road (like usual) and jumping about. My Dad went outside to see, so I headed back upstairs. Turned out they had corned a black snake (shiver...) and were finishing it off. Snakes, ick!
Also it's been storming all day, like heavy pouring rain with large amounts of thunder and lightening. I just hope it brings the temperature down, man I hate this heat. It's so oppressive, and let's not even begin to talk about what it's done to my hair.
On the sewing end of my live I think I have to give up my plans for the Steampunk outfit, or at least modify what I was going to do. I threw together a quick mock up, and it just not working. With the underskirt, the over skirt, and the bodice there was just too much bulk at the waist. Plus with the two skirts, I couldn't get the bodice to sit flat. To remedy this I think I'm going to skip the underskirt, it's cute and adorable, but adds to the bulk. So into the collection it goes. I'm already planning to use it elsewhere, I mean it's a pretty underskirt, I'm sure I'll find a nice use for it. And now I know I can make underskirts, another skill added to the repertoire!
It's Saturday, so you know what that means, the new Hobby Lobby ad comes out tomorrow. I really hope it has A; Good sales this week, and B; Fabric in a pattern that I like. I think that will help get me motivated again, especially with this steam punk mess.
I just don't know what to do. I think the issue is that I need to pick a doll the needs a redress and design what they should wear and stick with it until they are dressed. That's what I did with Stacey, and couldn't be more pleased in how she turned out. The only issue is, who to work with? (Also with Stacey I had an idea what I wanted, so that made it easier.) Hopefully I'll find something that I want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment