Friday, July 16, 2010

Hot off the machine!


Here's something I literally just did. I haven't even bothered to put snaps on it yet, but I don't think I will. This is a different bodice from "Barbie in Japan", Stacey's dress from yesterday's post uses a different bodice pattern from this book. This one goes together just as easy, my only issue is that you need to hem the neckline and the sleeves, and they're both curved, something I have yet to master. I work so much better with straight stitching. I tried amending the issue by lining the bodice. It worked, but it makes it a tad bulky.
For the skirt, I used the pattern that was from the same page as the bodice. Big mistake, not sure what was up with it, but it's terrible, not much of a skirt. After I cut it, there was very little to gather, so I ended up making a simple front pleat. I may end up ripping that one out and making a different skirt to see how it looks, but here it is as it stands.
Overall, this came out pretty quick. It fits well, but, it's terribly boring. It may be from the fact I made it out of Black Broadcloth, but I don't think that's it. It's just a very simple design, something I might have needed a while back, but not anymore. I will keep the pattern in mind if I ever need it, but I can't see anyone wearing it right now. Also due to the dart placement, it really only works for the larger busted dolls. I couldn't get it to look nice on the BB body.
P.S. Our model for today is my Fashion Queen, using Midge's Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment