Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Post a few days in the making


On Monday my Dad called up the stairs asking if I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby. Would I say no to that? I said, "Let me check their sales this week to see if there's a reason to go." Needless to say, I was downstairs ready to go pretty quick. I went with the hope that Hobby Lobby would have gotten in some red broadcloth since my last trip, but they didn't! All they had were pinks, or this Maroon color that wouldn't work. I also went to go look at their bead section. I have a doll necklace idea, but they didn't have anything that worked for what I wanted.
Feeling defeated I was wandering around the fabric section. I already knew that I needed some black broadcloth, so I picked it up. Noticing the wall of calico was 30 percent off this week, I decided to give it a browsing. They had a deep red calico, for 2.99 a yard. With it's 30 percent off, it was basically the same price as the broadcloth. But it was there! If I hadn't found it, I would have purchased some solid red handkerchiefs to use. But cost wise, this was a much better deal. I also found a cute pattern in calico. They were cute, blue, and worked in scale. But it was 5.99 per yard! Even with the 30 percent off, it was a little much. I ended up only getting a half yard of that. Over all it came out to be 6.37 or so. And I got two and a half yards. Hopefully they will last a long time. Still no dotted swiss, but not for lack of looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment