Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just a post showing the differences...


between the two Kens. On your left is the better one from Hong Kong, on the right the one from Taiwan. They are the same type of doll from the same years. You can't tell this from the picture but their head plastic are very different too. The Hong Kong Ken's plastic is much stiffer, impossible to bend unless you boil it first. The other Ken, his head is super soft plastic, like the newer type Ken heads. Odd right? If I didn't know better I would have guessed the one of the right was a clone doll. But everything works out, he has all his mold markers. He's just not as good of quality as the other Ken, unless he's aging terribly. Which would be really weird since I have dolls that are much older than him, that don't have those issues. I don't know.

4 comments:

  1. From the pictures they both look nice. The one on the right seems to have a slimmer head to me. But they both look nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably more noticeable in person, compared to my shoddy pictures. And the others face is slimmer, I actually heated it up, and squashed it wider. That's the after photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's crazy. It's amazing how they are so similar but so different. You would think all dolls would be made the same and from the same material. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, the only real difference is that they're made if different countries. But I guess each place would have their own pros and cons. Or maybe that one Ken came out of a bum batch!

    ReplyDelete