I tried to work for Set it Aside Sunday.
I started off strong with putting Vanessa and Charlotte away. It's counter productive to keep them out, since they're not part of today. I scanned though the collection, but I took me a while to finally decide on what doll to pick. I kept switching what dolls to work on. I guess that means I have a couple weeks to work with. With my doll in hand I got to work... and... I couldn't figure out what to do. Like it took me a few hours to figure out something I wanted to try. I had almost gotten it finished when I looked at it, and realized I didn't like it. So I stopped. I think I'm going to have to go another direction with it.
I'm feeling creatively drained. I sew, but right now my heart's not in it. I don't think I've made an outfit that I'm really impressed with since the Frog skirt, after that it's been a struggle. Even working with Charlotte's been a struggle. Right now Vanessa's naked. This isn't a terrible issue, it's just, SHE'S NEVER BEEN DRESSED. Not for a long period of time though. I don't think I've ever done that will a doll before. Usually they get something. Vanessa's been languishing on the shelf. I'm still having a hard time dressing her, and I've tried a whole bunch of things. It's sad Red Moon and I, who's dressing issues were legendary, worked out easier than Vanessa here. Maybe we need a break from each other.
But I did do some sewing today, even though it's nothing to write home about. I decided to work on my unfinished project pile, hopefully chipping away at it. Today I got Donny's purple socks done. So now he has a matching finished pair. I ended up making two new ones, since the one he had was a little odd. I also made Charlotte a hat to go with the steampunk dress. That's all that I really got done today with sewing. I hope I get over this soon, I really want to get back into the swing of things.