Friday, September 17, 2010

50 Days Until Christmas! Kind of...


Okay, not exactly. There's still many more days until the Traditional Christmas date, but only 50 until my family's Christmas celebration. (Hope I didn't scare anybody!)
Our Christmas date is always up in the air, since my Grandparents spend the winter in Florida. They used to drive up for the month of December, and do Christmas up north, and then go home, but they've decided that's just too muck work and hassle. I don't blame them, that's a lot of traveling for them. So it's become this cloud over everyone's head. Nobody knows what's going on with Christmas, and nobody wants to mention it since it's such a headache planning a date that works for everyone. Everyone has such a tricky schedule.
But this week my Sister made everyone come up with a date, since she needed to take time off from work. So it's been decided November 6th. Thankfully she took that bull by the horns.
Now pray tell, what does this mean to you? It means that I'm going to have to step back from my personal projects for a time, don't worry, I'm still going to be going through the blue box. That project is getting done even if it kills me. Since it's Christmas we're going to have to be doing the whole presents thing, so I'm going to have to switch gears. We're going to be doing tins of home made candy, which we've done before. But it's a lot of work, so be prepared to have less sewing, and more updates on cooking.
Just figured I should keep everyone in the loop. That is all, back to your routines.
~Aubrey~

2 comments:

  1. That is cool that you all picked a Christmas day to meet up. Do you still celebrate Christmas when it comes up? And I am looking forward to your cooking posts. I was so hoping you'd share when I read you were going to make focus on gifts and making things. Looking forward to those posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we're still going to do Christmas at Christmas time, it'll just be my nuclear family compared to extended family. It'll be nice because we won't have to travel all over on it. I just hope that those posts are worth your time, lots of busywork!

    ReplyDelete