Sunday, October 17, 2010

Look what I dragged myself to finish!

Today's been a total nightmare (Daymare?). I'm a total mess, I'm exhausted, my sinus's and in pain, and my eyes keep burning, not fun at all. This evening I got around to do some sewing, nothing too major, just work some on my current Charlotte Project. I had an idea that I wanted to try out. I stopped when I almost took a big chunk of my finger out with my scissors. Luckily my Fiskers aren't that sharp or else I really could have done some accidental damage to myself.
That's when I stopped with the sewing machine, enough for today. Also looking over what I completed with Charlotte's costume I think I'm going to have to rethink what I'm planning, I'm just not liking it. Luckily I'm able to salvage one part that I did. I wanted to keep within a sane color pallet even though since it's the 80's I'm more than able to go all out. I wanted to make a white shell top and have the more adventurous color pieces on the skirt and the jacket. That way even when I'm done using this outfit I can still take use pieces from it elsewhere. I had gotten most of the shell done before I had to set the project down for the safety of my finger. Although it still needed some work, since the bottom hem was way uneven, and I still had to add snaps.
After gobbling up a ton of M&M's I felt the sugar coursing though my veins enough to give me enough energy to work with the top again, although I was done with the sewing machine for the day. I tore out the faulty hem stitching and redid it with the blanket stitch. I also did that to hem the back too. After that I added three snaps and I was done.
Looking at it, it's probably good that I made it. Now I have a simple shell blouse to use whenever. Right now Charlotte's wearing it with some white underwear and a pink Barbie bathroom. It's very sex kitten-ish, and sometimes Charlotte feels like that. But I'm sure she'll be back to her normal dressed self very soon. Still sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment