Monday, November 1, 2010

Check out my basket! ;) Day 5

We're reaching the end of our basket making days, I don't know if any of you will miss this, but I sure won't. I'll be glad when they are packed and in the hands of the people who they are intended for. Today's cooking once again involved chocolate, but this was a lot less labor intensive. Peppermint bark! I personally really like peppermint bark, which is odd because I'm not a big mint fan.Let me explain how to make it, it's pretty simple. I started off with crushing the peppermint. This was actually kind of fun because I put it into a bag and hit it with a hammer. It was very soothing and a nice way to get out my frustration. I'm normally not like that, I promise. You want the chunks to be small, but not like ground up completely. You want some variety. Next you melt some chocolate, using the same technique as yesterday. We used white chocolate this time. After it was melted I mixed several spoonfuls of peppermint into it. Then I spread the goop out into some more tinfoil, spreading it out until it was less than 1/4 inch thick. Then I took another spoonful of crushed peppermint and sprinkled it over the top. After that all that's left to do it let it harden!
When that's done you come back and just start breaking up the one big piece into smaller pieces. No rhyme or reason, just start breaking it in your hands. Just a heads up, the peppermint sticks to everything, including hands. And that's really all you do for Peppermint Bark. I also made some more, leaving out the peppermint, so it's just bark. That's for the people who don't like peppermint. It's the exact same process, just leaving out the peppermint. I wrapped both items up in separate packages, and we are good to go.
You've officially seen the five things that are going into the baskets. I might have to make some more stuff, but I won't update you on that. Just as a general heads up the next few days are going to be super busy, just know that it's me not you.
~Aubrey~

No comments:

Post a Comment