Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mending on a Saturday!

Still plugging along today unpacking/organizing, although I don't think it's ever going to end. I've set up a system where I do 50 things per day. Now, that may sound like a lot, but it's actually not. You see I'm counting each little thing I do as something. Like if I put away a pair of Barbie shoes it counts as one. If I have several to put away I can make a pretty big dent in my amount for the day pretty quick, although I'm beginning to start reaching the end of the easier things to do, so now it's the more tedious tasks that are left. That's typical, I just wish I wasn't coming up to that point, although hopefully soon I'll be finished with putting all this stuff away. But this organizing thing never really ends, the list just changes, right? But at least with this system I can at least pretend that I get something done each day.
But today, I want to tell you proudly, I actually did some sewing today. First time turning on my machine since I've been back. Exciting right? I've missed my Kenmore. Although, It wasn't any sewing for myself or the dolls. All I was doing was fixing the waistband of a skirt for my mother. The thread had begun to give way in several spots so she needed it fixed. She gave it to me a few days ago telling me that it wasn't anything she needed soon, which is good because the odds of me getting it done quickly was really slim. So it's been kicking around here for a few days. But I did get tired of moving it from one place to another, so I sat down today and just did it. Took me maybe about 20 minutes including threading the machine with black thread. Then I was able to just give to her and get it out of the way, and out of my room. Which is really the great thing about it. I have enough of my own projects kicking around here unfinished, there's no need to have another person's adding to the mess. Hopefully this will whet my appetite to do some more sewing again, I still haven't gotten much desire to do anything for Barbie or myself. And I still need to do Charlotte's Christmas dress, I just haven't decided on what I wanted to do yet, but that's for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment