Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yay! It's finally here! Happy 2011, may it be nothing like 2010.
Since it's the start of the new year, I'll share with you my resolutions;
1. Keep Dieting (Although I'm getting so sick of salads, feel like a rabbit sometimes.)
2. Finish "Ballad of Submission" (This I want to do!)
3. Get the Blue Box of Doom finished (This I need to do)
4. Finish the introduction of the Sewing Cabinet. (This needs to get done)
I think that's about enough, no need to set myself with impossible goals that I won't meet. I think these will all be challenging enough.

Also I wanted to share with you, we now have a date for our Christmas, the 8th (of this month). Originally my father was working then, but his schedule changed and he could. I have very mixed feeling about this because that mean's he's now working nights. He was hired to work nights, but we were all holding out hope that he wasn't going to be switched over to it after his training period, but it happened. Here's hoping and praying that a better job comes down the pike, one with traditional hours. Fingers crossed people, fingers crossed.
With this set date it means that we're going to have a lot to get done. Very little shopping has happened, except for my presents (because I did that). Right now I'm not even done shopping for the family. The other day I got something for my sister and that's all I have so far. I still need to get something for my brother, and something for my parents. I have an idea what to get my Mom, but I need to see what Hobby Lobby has on sale this up coming week. (Come one 40 percent off coupon!) Even beyond the shopping issue I still need to do some cleaning of the house. There's much to be done in order to organize the place. Mainly I'll be working with the kitchen and living room, just general cleaning, and dusting. How do things get so dusty? It's nuts. Hopefully I can get it all done in time. So just another heads up I might be a little busy this next week.

Although it's not that big of a deal, because once again I'm stuck. I just have no projects to sink my teeth into. I don't even have a project slated for Charlotte, it's that bad. I have lots of things I should do (like the re-dress list), but I don't have anything I want to do. Nothing that just sets me on fire and have to do. I'm even stalling on the Steampunk outfit for Joe. And in all seriousness if I had wanted to do it, I would have already done it compared to stopping. I spent a good chunk of the day just looking for something to sew, and nothing excited me. And I'm sure you're tired of hearing this, because I think I've been having this same problem for a while now. I think ever since the Connecticut trip I've been struggling with my sewing, not my skills, but what I want to sew. It's like that Red Riding Hood costume sucked out the last bit of creativity I had. But enough complaining, here's hoping that 2011 bring my creative feelings back with a vengeance!

Seven days until Christmas*!



*Fake delayed Christmas that is.

1 comment: