Monday, January 24, 2011

The Pros and Cons of Monday...

Today started off well. I managed to get three patterns posted for sale on my etsy store. That took me all morning, but I am starting to streamline the process. These went a bit easier than the one I posted last week. No buyers yet, but it's still early. What I'm thinking about it, is I'll post ten patterns over the next few weeks, chosen at random. When they are up there I'll stop, and hopefully someone will buy one of them. When that happens I'll post three more. Hopefully someone buys one and I can finance this whole operation. I'm being cautious so I can pay for this whole ordeal, but the more money coming in the better. Ideally I'd make more of a profit and be able to start funding the doll collection though it. I already have a few dolls marked on favorite over there, so hopefully I'm not just wasting my time or money.
After that I didn't really know what to do, I did however touch up some paint on a pair of sneakers that Charlotte's wearing. They're red vintage reproduction sneakers that came with the Barbie and Ken cheerleader and football player set. They're really cute and neutral so I like them. But at the white paint on one of them has been chipping and looking bad, so today I took out my paints and touched it up. It's not perfect, but it looks better than before.
After that I managed to actually hit up some sewing. I worked on a Skipper skirt pattern that I'm trying to adapt. I would have kept working on it, but I needed to press it. Since I'm without an iron, I usually soak it in some boiling water, then lay it flat and weigh it down while it dries. This at least helps. When I was waiting for that I worked on dressing the Sindy doll. Like I said in her post I want to do an Alice in Wonderland dress for her. I had picked out some new fabric for her and even got some matching thread just for this project, so today I finally started it. Plugging away on it, I finally got to a point where I can try it on her. And I do... and instead of reading as Alice it read as a maid, hardcore. Which is so frustrating. I'm not sure what to do, although maybe I'm having trouble because I'm not feeling the *cute* vibe today. It's just an odd feeling today. I'm still on the fence if I should pick a different costume for her altogether, or just get a different color fabric. All I know is I'm done working on it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment