Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another day, another pain in my side

Ugh, stupid "Mod". I once again spent a huge chunk of time sewing a mod dress only to have it not turn out at all how I wanted it. I was so mad at it I just threw it into the "finish it up" box. Not sure if I'll come back to it and finish it up, but at this point I really don't care, I'm just so frustrated with the whole project in general. Nothing I'm doing seems to be working, so whatever. Stupid mod.

But I did do some other sewing today, which was nice. Since I decided I was done with mod for the day, I decided I should do something that was on my "should do" list. I decided to make that Ken shirt using that red check calico I bought last week. I needed to do it, plus when that was done it meant that I've used 10 out of the last 11 fabric purchases, which is a decent amount, especially when you count that I'm only including it when I actually make something from it that goes into the collection. (Either in the bags of clothing or actually on someone) But I'd have to make it before I could actually count it. So I got to work, oh, it was so wonderful going back to the 50's. No guessing if it was correct, no wondering if it was going to look bad, just simple work. I did have my fair share of issues, (Had to sew the collar in 3-4 times) but overall it was much easier that working with mod. Even sewing in the sleeves weren't that bad. When I was done I went and showed it to my mother. This was sort of an homage to the Ken she had as a child. I was worried that she wasn't going to like it, but she did! She actually said that it looked even better than the one she had as a child. Pretty cool huh? While I was watching television I finished it; seam reinforcement, adding snaps, and hemming the bottom. It came out really cute, I really like it. It feels good to have something come out, especially when the past few days have only resulted in piles of fabric.
After that I also made a pair of jeans, using a mommy made pair as a guide... they did not come out so hot. They're more like jeans than I usually make, but sometimes the stitching is ... totally off. So we're like getting to better jeans, but there's still a long way to go. These I would not comfortably put into the collection. Besides looking at the outfit as the whole the jeans look with the red check is reading a little "country", and I'm not a real big fan of that look. I'm a little more "suburban" with my styling. So I may end up just making new pants for this outfit, not sure what color just yet, I'll have to mull it over. That's all I got done today, and at least I have something to show for it.


Stupid Mod.

No comments:

Post a Comment