Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I says, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Today was a very frustrating day, which oddly enough seems like I've been having a lot of lately. I guess I should really say, "My Frustrating week continues", that's much more realistic. It reflects the struggles I've been having all week. (And I wish would end.)
I must admit now that even though it's Typewriter Tuesday, I didn't do any writing. For some reason I just kept stalling on even opening the word document. Soon enough the morning passed by and I hadn't accomplished anything. Although, after lunch I still didn't get anything done on it. Instead I went shopping, but honestly I should have just stayed home and worked, then I would have accomplished something, and not wasted my time.
I started off at Hobby Lobby, promising myself that I would find something Mod, and even if I had to talk myself into it, I would get something, darn it! But I just couldn't. I must have walked though that section a dozen or so times, but still couldn't find anything right. All the smaller prints were too bland (and not really mod), and all the large prints were too big (and not really mod). It's just so annoying, and super frustrating. Since I was going to leave there without my mod fabric I was going to get some orange calico since it matches a pattern that I saw at Walmart last week that might work for Mod, but all their orange calico was 6.99 a yard! That's nuts, I don't think it should be that expensive, they literally had nothing cheaper. So I left, I didn't need it that badly, not spending a penny.
And it's a good thing I didn't. After that we went to the grocery store were we went way over our estimate. Had I spent any money at Hobby Lobby we wouldn't have had enough, forcing us to put something back, which would have been super embarrassing. So I guess it worked out for the best, still plenty livid that I didn't find anything that I could use at Hobby Lobby. And Walmart was a bust too, since we didn't have much money (i.e. any) left over I didn't bother even checking the tiny craft section, no orange patterned fat quarter, and even worse, no white thread for me. I'm almost out of it, and need to get a new spool, it's the color I go though the most. There's plenty of projects on hold because of that. But it's going to have to wait, couldn't afford it this week. So you can believe I was pretty bummed, nothing fun for me this week, so I guess all my projects are still in a state of suspension.
Which sucks! *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment