Thursday, February 3, 2011


Typewriter Thursday went pretty well today. I managed to drag myself over and actually do some writing, the first time this week. And I reached my two page goal, actually getting a little bit more than that. And for the most exciting part... it was all in "Meeting room Chat"! Yes I was finally able to move on from just working on dialouge and onto actual writing it. It's still a very difficult and tedious process for this section, but it's actually coming along. I'm hoping with the next couple of writing sessions will at least firm it up to first draft status, so I can move on to the next big dialogue section, "Lead Ogre Confrontation", which has the distinction of not even being in rough draft form, all I have for that is an idea of the action, no clue what they're going to say. But that's another days problem. Right now I'm throwing all my energy behind "Meeting room Chat", because once that's done, I should be able to really pick up the pace (I say that now). But right now it's only those two sections that are dialogue heavy, and after that I get to go back to the action heavy sequences. I love writing those, so much fun. I can't wait to revise "Jadillo Cookout"!
In other news, I have yet to return to that doll board ever since they upset me. Like I've cut it totally out of my life. And for right now, I don't really miss it. I'm not sure if I'll go back once my period of anger stops, but we'll see. Right now I'm fine not looking at other people's pictures, especially when they're snobs. If I want to look at people's pictures I can go over to flickr, I'm really liking it over there, lots of nice people, and lots of nice photos to view. It's a wonderful resource to see what other people are doing/buying/making. Although sometimes I must admit, I do get really jealous of people's collections. Especially when they've got really mint, mint dolls, or very rare dolls that I would kill to have in the collection. (German Francie, Japanese Midge, Japanese Skipper, Black Francie.) Did I ever tell you my dream for living in Japan for a year? When I'm there I'm going to hit up all Flea Markets I see to get vintage dolls, especially Japanese Skipper and Midge. *Sigh* I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment