Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ugh, when will this rut end???

My day started today at 5 am. My dad was bringing a bookcase that he built up to Raleigh for my sister's boyfriend, he wanted to get it taken care of early since he's working tonight, and he bribed me into going with a trip to Joanne's Fabrics. So after breakfast we were off on the road by 5:45, the world still dark and darn chilly.
The first part of the trip went well, since we were out so early there wasn't much traffic on the roads, although there were a few spots that dragged. But we still made it to my sister's pretty easy, and were able to unload the bookcase quickly. My dad and her boyfriend took it all the way up the stairs, which was nice because my ankle was still really sore from when I re-injured it the other day. (Not sure if I told you that before) Anyway, that was pretty quick, so we said our goodbyes and left.
Next we did an errand for my dad. He had a guy in one of his online groups that was kind enough to give him a drill press that he needed. He's been looking for one for a while now, so it's wonderful that this guy had one and was willing to just let my dad have it. It took us a little bit to find the house even with the GPS, but we did find it. I stayed in the truck when my dad talked with the guy, there was really no point in my going, nothing for me to do.
When he came back it was time to go to Joanne's! This wasn't in Raleigh, it was in Cary. Once again called the GPS into service, actually we've been to this once before, but it's been a while. And let me tell you I'm seriously underwhelmed. It was really a shoddy experience. I mean, sure they had a lot of fabric (compared to Walmart and Hobby Lobby), but nothing that I could really use and their bargain section was a MESS. I only found one thing that could have worked for mod, but I wasn't in love with the color. It was this icky mustard green, pretty gross. And when I tried to find that same color in a solid, I couldn't, so I passed on it. The only other thing I found that I like was this mushroom print, although it wasn't for mod, I just thought it was cute. It was just rather expensive, and I couldn't see what I would use it for. It would have made a cute skirt for Charlotte, but once she moved from it, it just would have ended up in the clothing bags, and I already have enough things in there, don't need anymore. So once again I left empty handed. I'm noticing a theme here that I definitely not happy about. It really shouldn't be so impossible to find something Mod, really it shouldn't. Anyway, we did try to find a Handcock's Fabric, but we couldn't. At that point I was so mad I just wanted to go home. Which was easier said than done since we got lost. And even with the GPS my Dad just had to go his own way, which ever way that was. It took us longer to get home that it should have, but we did. It's just so annoying when we're lost and he's getting mad, but still won't listen to the GPS. I mean we have it for a reason!
At home I tried working on some sewing, but honestly nothing came out. I'm just exhausted, but I can't go to bed yet. I'm very frustrated and pretty touchy, several time I just wanted to throw stuff, including dolls. It's so annoying that nothing I do has been coming out, so annoying. Honestly I wish I never opened the can of worm that are mod dolls. Even though I'm still impatiently waiting for P.J. to arrive I wish I never ordered her. If I never did that I wouldn't have thought about redressing the talking Barbie and gotten myself into this mess.
Stupid Mod, going to bed, I am beat. Not waking up until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment