Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday is "Sew" Sweet!

I started off today working with my Mod project. While I'm working on what P.J. is going to wear when she arrives, but I've also become disenchanted with what my Talking Barbie is wearing, so I want to make something new for her too. Today I worked with a new pattern that started off adapting to make a simple dress. I was using a little bit of pink broadcloth that I had very little left, really had to make it fit when cutting it out. Unfortunately I didn't have the correct color thread, so it was a chance to use the nylon thread I bought a while back... and I'm not a fan, really don't care for how it works. I don't think I'll use that again, it just wasn't what I was looking for. I also ended up messing up the pattern, so I called it quits. While I like the overall look, I'm going to have to find a better fabric, something mod(der). Right now nothing I have really works for that. Hopefully next shopping trip I'll find something that works for this, and something else too, I still need something for P.J. Open for mod suggestions everyone.
After that I worked with the fabric that I bought last week. I'm still trying to use all the fabric that I bought, staying strong with that. I decided to make the red cowboy plastic bag holder for my Grandfather. I didn't have enough to make it from the remnant I had, so there's a seam down the middle. Overall it came out pretty decently for my first time making one. It's actually a bit long, but I'm sure that my Grandfather will collect enough plastic bags to fill it. Right now it's stuffed with a sheet and some spare fabric to give it that full look for the photo. On a sad note, I won't have enough spare fabric to make a Chatty Cathy shirt, not a big deal, I wasn't too in love with the idea anyway. I hope my Grandfather likes it!
After that I felt like I still wanted to do something, but I had no idea what. I'm starting to run out of projects that I have thought out, or have fabrics for. So I decided to get another one done that I had the material for. I decided on the second kimono for Joe, out of the tan material. I think after this there's only one fabric that I haven't at least tried to make something out of yet. Anyway, I made Joe's kimono. It came out quick and easy. I think my love affair with the kimono is over. They're really not that much of a challenge to me. I mean I've made quite a number of them, and only two of them are being worn. Charlotte's not even wearing hers anymore. I think that I'm done making them, unless I find a fabric that I flat out love and need to make into one. Other than that I might have to make another men's juban since there's now two kimonos, but like I said, I think I'm overall done with them. I also made a new obi for this kimono, made out of dark blue to tie in with the dark blue spots on the kimono fabric. And that's what I did today, I have no clue what I'm going to do yet for Saturday's sewing. I'm sure something will come up, but before that I still have two more days of stuff to do. Lucky me?

No comments:

Post a Comment