Saturday, March 19, 2011

Can't think of a cool title, this will have to suffice...

Today was an interesting day to say the least. My father was going out grocery shopping today and invited me along last night, originally I declined, but I decided that I actually needed a few things so I asked him if I could still go along, he said yes, then I asked what time he was going to go, so I knew to be ready on time and not keep him waiting. He said 10, which was fine.
So this morning I was all set to go at ten, rushing my morning a little bit in order to get finished in time, then nothing. No call, no noise from downstairs, nothing. I go downstairs and see my father, we made small talk, neither of us mention going out, and there's noway he's ready to go out. So I head back upstairs. We don't end up leaving the house until 12:30, and by then I was steamed. I mean why tell me a time when it means absolutely nothing? It's a small thing, just something that really bugged me. I managed to get some sewing done when I was waiting, (and waiting, and waiting) but it didn't turn out anywhere how I liked it. It might be one of those things that looks better on paper than actual application. It's in the box now, but I wouldn't hold my breath that you'll see it anytime soon, pretty annoyed with it.
Anyway, when out we hit up a few second hand stores, nothing there I wanted, but that's not shocking or anything. They've all been pretty much a miss for a while now, so I wasn't too upset. After that I went to Hobby Lobby. I know, I know, I've been talking about how I'm not going there anymore, then I go there. I get it, my Mom teased me over it too. But you know what? I've drastically cut my spending down there, and frankly, they're unavoidable for some things in such a small town. Yesterday I finally hit my wall for not having any white calico. I needed it for a project, I knew this day was coming, so that's what I was buying. I also needed some light pink ribbon, as well as some interesting trim. I bought three yards of white calico, hoping that will be enough to keep me from needing it for a while. I don't think I've ever bought three yards of the same fabric before. But it's white so I know I'll use it. I also managed to get some pink ribbon. I wasn't so lucky on the interesting trim. I couldn't find anything that I really wanted, or liked. I think that I'm going to probably use that synthetic heart lace stuff that I got for Charlotte's Halloween costume. That stuff has payed for itself, it's my go to trim, that's another thing that I'll try and get more if when I finally use it up. I left there after spending a little more than ten dollars. Hopefully I'll be able to stay out of there for a while, let's hope it sticks this time.
I wasn't even tempted today at Walmart because I didn't even go there! But even if I had, I wouldn't have gotten anything. Like I said there's nothing out there that I even need. Even the fashionista's are ignored. But part of that is because of that annoying "swapping styles" feature. I don't need a doll that I can pop her head off at will. Also I dislike it because in order to be able to "swap" they got rid of the under bust joint. And that's a fail in my book, you can't offer me less movement. I've been spoiled by the first and second wave. I doubt I'll be buying much of them until they bring back that joint. But anyway, even at home I couldn't appreciate my purchases, or start using them. I had to buckle down and make cupcakes for tomorrow. Wasn't totally excited for it, but it must be done. Luckily they were pretty easy to make, and pretty easy to eat! (Have to taste test them!) I even managed to whip up some home made frosting to go with them. That's all I managed to get done today, but I think it's enough. Do you know that I just realized the next day that I have planned to sew is Tuesday, can I wait that long? (Yes, yes I can.)

No comments:

Post a Comment