Thursday, March 17, 2011

More writing, more dreaming...

My day started last night, when I could not fall asleep for the life of me. No matter what I did I just couldn't fall asleep, I hate nights like that. If I had known trying to sleep was going to be such a bust I would have stayed awake and done something productive with my time. And when I did finally fell asleep I managed to have my dreams invaded my a certain someone who I wish would leave my subconscious alone, it's about time they stopped plaguing my dreams, for real. But this dream didn't affect my whole day like it has in the past, I actually was vindicated in the dream, which was a welcome change, but still I want them gone, permanently.
In the morning I was able to get up when my alarm went off. With the time change my schedule's been all messed up, so I've been sleeping in the past few days. I wish I didn't, but I've just been so tired. But I was up this morning on time, although, certainly not bright eyed or bushy tailed. Since it's Thursday you know what that means, time for writing! And write I did, I reached my goal of two pages like normal, and get this, they both were in "Meeting room Chat"! First time getting work done in that section for a while. I'm not in love with what I wrote, but I certainly feel confident that it's a good foundation. Eventually when I go back and edit it, it'll be better, but I'm happy with what I wrote right now. I'm just so glad that I was able to get some work done in this section, for a bit there I was worried that I was stuck again, but I guess I just needed some more time to think about what I was going to say.
When I was done writing I did some window shopping for my birthday, even though it's not for months (June, btw). I'm still holding out hope that I'll get enough money to afford and find the Dynamite Boy Ryu. Pray for me people, especially if someone's willing to sell him for cost plus shipping to me and not charge me their shipping costs. But that's would be just part of my presents, (this is about all my presents from all my family and more of a wish list compared to a "I'm gonna get" list) although he would be a major, major part of it. I ended up looking at the Disney store website, here's the link; Disney Store Dolls. Now you can see what I'm talking about. I really like their 12" version of Snow White. I think she's got a wonderful stylized look about her, and I love how she's not smiling like a lunatic. I had a Mattel Snow White a few year back, but we didn't click. She was a little cutsy, and not at all like the movie. I did like her, and couldn't bear to put her into the donate box, so she's one of the dolls that I brought up to Connecticut. Kept her clothes though, I did dress her however. But I really like this other doll, even though she suffers from big head syndrome. It's funny, she's not made by Mattel, all of the dolls in the Disney store are some other brand, but Mattel is still making their versions of these dolls too. While I have a huge love for Disney I only have one Disney doll in the collection, Cinderella. I've never been big into their doll counterparts, partly because many of them aren't very close to their movie images. I understand that it's hard to take a 2-D image and turn it into a 3-D product, but sometimes I with they would try a little harder. I really can't think I've ever seen a decent Ariel doll, for some reason they always make her lower face really narrow. But anyway, in this different line I really think they did a decent job with Snow White, Mulan, Belle, and Cinderella. (Although there are improvements that could be made with each.) But more interesting than the dolls, this line has something really cool clothing packs from the movies. Made in colors that are actually matching their movie versions! (Although there's still some cheap satin fabric for some things that shouldn't be.) They have one for Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Tiana, and Mulan. There's also a gift set of both dolls and clothes for Rapunzel and Tiana. I won't mince words, I want most of them, even the gift set, but only parts of them. If I had free funds Disney would be a very rich man from me. I'd want the dress form from the Rapunzel clothing set, the blue dress, yellow dress, and cape from Tiana's, the pink dress from Ariel's, the green dress from Belle's, Both of Cinderella's, the white gown from Pocahontas', both of Snow White's, both of Sleeping Beauty's, and actually nothing from Mulan's and Jasmine's. (Not that I would turn them away if someone gave them to me.) I just wish these came with shoes... you know me and shoes. If I had to make a decision now, I'd say I'd get Snow White doll and clothing set. They're part of the buy two for twenty dollars deal. But this is all just a pipe dream, lots to time between now and my birthday, besides who knows what will come down my way. Maybe there's a vintage doll in my future? That's what I got last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment