Monday, April 18, 2011

And now some not so happy mistakes...

Well, I managed to mess up my computer last night. I've spent most of the day trying to fix it, with limited success. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all fixed back to like it was, just sucks that it happened.
Since I was working with the computer I wasn't able to work on my writing, which is not a problem because I probably wouldn't be able to really focus on my writing when I was worrying about my computer, and I'm still not in the mood to sew anything at the moment. I've decided against making the dress using the same bodice as the one I did yesterday. Since I made it yesterday, I know I can make it, so there's no need making a dress that's destined for the spare clothing bags. Maybe in time I'll get someone new, or someone will want to change clothes and I can make it then, but that's not the case at the moment. I think I'm just satisfied knowing that I can make it if I need to. No pictures of it yet, since I am still without camera, but I promise that I will get around to sharing it with everybody. I did look though my jewelry bag today to see if any would work with it, but didn't find any I liked. The majority of them didn't work well with the neckline, and the ones that did just made it look weird. It just made it look fancier in general, which didn't work with the look, so Vanessa is going sans jewelry for now. Did you know that Vanessa is one of my most designed for dolls in the collection? She's nowhere near Charlotte's level, but she's at least top 10. I mean since her arrival she's had four looks designed just for her, although one didn't come to pass. Typically people get one, or less if they're getting something that I made for someone else, or I cobble their outfit together from something I already had. The only people I'd say that are ahead of her on that list are Charlotte, Joe, Red Moon, and the dolls in another scale that I needed to sew their entire wardrobe (Chatty Cathy and Cindy Sad Eyes). It's just a weird thought I wanted to share.
My day wasn't all just working on the computer, since it's so painfully slow, I did other stuff, mostly cleaning. I noticed that the dust monster has reared it's ugly head again. I hate dusting, it's such a chore. But today I found some pledge spray so I decided to do that, hopefully it will cut down on the build up. Originally I was just going to dust the sewing cabinet, but then I decided to wipe down the bookshelf as well. I started with pulling the dolls off the vintage, named, and Japanese shelf, putting them on my desk. (Which they covered.) I'm not going to lie, seeing roughly 60 dolls piled on my desk was a little creepy. There was just so many of them, it doesn't look that much when they're spread out over the shelves. But I managed to get them all put back in their respective places, (wasn't going to be able to sleep seeing them all on my desk like that) I also cleaned the rest of the shelves and the media bookcase. I also moved the electric heater out of my room. Winter's over, I decree! I'm sure in a few days I'll be forced to bring in the Air Conditioner. Weather is fun. (Right?)
After I was done cleaning I decided to break a doll, well I didn't really decide, I just did it. I was playing around with my Blythe clone doll, and I decided to take her apart. I've done it several times. I was thinking that maybe I could give her a different body, one that would be easier to dress. In order to even try that you have to open her head. Anyway, doing that means you have to fix her eye mechanism. Which I've done before, but when I went to put her back together (without a new body), I couldn't get her eyes to work right. When going from brown to green, it wouldn't click. It would just be stuck on brown. And even better when I was trying to get it to work, one of the blue eye chips popped out. I tried to fix it, but couldn't get anywhere, so I put her away. She needs to decide if she wants to stay in the collection and start acting better. Personally I'm on the fence about her. I think Blythe dolls are interesting, but I've never been a fan of dolls with over-sized heads. I'd rather they look more realistic than that. Personally I wouldn't mind having a Blythe doll, but I doubt she'd get much play time. I have other dolls that I like better. I have my Blythe clone because when I get that urge to get a Blythe doll I have something like it to appease me. But she doesn't really interest me in general, I've never even bothered to dress her decently. Besides she's got a lot of quality issues, so like I said, she's on the fence. I like her because she's interesting, but if she left overnight, I wouldn't be super upset. I just wish I hadn't broken her, I hate when I do stupid things like that. (Should have left well enough alone.)
Also today I tried to start working out again. I've been really bad this winter about working out, and I need to get back into it. Figured that I might as well start small to get back into doing it, deciding that I would start with my workout tape. "Dance Workout with Barbie" (dorky I know, but it was fun when I started.), but I just couldn't get into it. It was just boring, I actually found myself doing the moves faster than the people on the tape. So I quit after like 1 minute. I did end up jumping around for a bit to get my heart rate up. I think I'm just too familiar with that routine to find it fun anymore. Back when I started it, it was fun learning as I did it and getting further and further along, but now I know I can reach the end part. Being bored was why I quit way back when, and the break didn't refresh my enjoyment of it. So I'm on the hunt for a new tape. Right now I want something that's fun and simple, preferably easy on the knees. Hopefully I'll find something I like, there's a lot of options out there.
Fun times, fun times. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment