Friday, April 22, 2011

Fuzzy Friday

Well, I hope I didn't scare anyone with my post yesterday. I also hope it makes sence because I wrote it when my brain was still very "fuzzy". Last night I had a migraine. According to the Mayo Clinic I had an Aura Migrane. I didn't know there were types, just that I've had them before. But as I was looking at the list of symptoms, I could check them off one by one. This one was my third one in my lifetime. Not sure why or how they happen, they just do. This is the second Aura one I had. I had one in Middle School, in school. I remember going to the nurse and being scared of what was going on. When I got to the office she wasn't there (she was never there), and had to to wait for her. Eventually she came back, and I got to go home. My grandmother came and got me, and I remember sleeping it off at her house. A few hours later I remember waking up much better, this time I wasn't so lucky. When I woke up today, I felt much better, but still not perfect. My stomach is still a bit tender, and my head is a bit fuzzy, like I'm surrounded with a haze of some sort. I guess I can't bounce back like I used to. So if anything I say or spell seems funny, that's why. I'm trying to be as normal as possible, but I'm still a bit off. (Compared to normally, where I'm just off.) Random side note, that school nurse was terrible. Why do people who obviously hate children work with them? You'd think that would be a job requirement, but whatever.
I played it low key today not really trusting myself to any project today. I mean, I don't think I'd sew my fingers together, but I'd rather not chance it. Whatever needs to get done today can wait for tomorrow. But I do have some good news to share with you. I won a contest over on "In the Pink", (I know, I said I wasn't going to enter anymore", but I have been visiting more plus Charlotte was in the header a few days ago. She was put up on Saturday and not changed until Monday, so she was up ALL WEEKEND! If I don't know what that means, but I think it's pretty cool.) Anyway Pedro (from Spain) put up a contest for a Vintage Skipper. And you know me and Vintage, I will jump though hoops. So I entered. The competition was rough! Two whole people also entered the contest! But I still kept my fingers crossed. I was lucky and found out I won this morning! Eeek, another vintage Skipper, aren't I lucky? Here I was complaining about needing more dolls to sew for, and another lands in my lap. She does have some issues, mainly missing face paint and she's going to need a re-root (I think that's why a lot of people stayed away), I also think she's got the start of a neck rip, but I could be wrong. Either way Skipper re-roots are easy. I've done two of them so far, much easier than Barbie. The only issue is I don't have any hair to use to re-root her with. The only hair colors I have are Champagne Blond and Brunette. Both of which I've already used to re-root a Skipper, so I don't really want to have another one with that same hair color. I do still have some platinum blond left over from Charlotte, but that's so close to the other blond that it's really not that different. If I had my druthers I'd get some red hair, but alas, no money. My Esty shop is dead in the water. Sigh. Anyway, Pedro has address, and he's going to send the doll somewhat soon. (Can't remember when, but soon.) So she's going to be coming to her new home. Oh, and before I forget, I do have pictures he posted of her, and I can't remember if the clothes she's wearing are coming with her or not. I'm kind of think they are, but I could be wrong. Either way they're cute, but not really what I am going to dress her in when she arrives. If she comes wearing them, someone else might take them. The jacket is kind of cute, maybe Ricky will want to try it out. And the hat is adorable, I think it might fit Barbie's head. And you should know how I love a pleated plaid skirt. Maybe my Monster High doll will try it on. Either way she's getting new clothes, and I already have an idea for how I want to dress her, so you'll get to see that soon. I'm trying to hold off on making her something until she arrives, but that might be harder said than done. I just don't want to have her in hand, and find out she hates what I made for her. It's happened before. But here are her pictures so you can see what I'm talking about;

Also, a note before I head off and say goodbye to you all for the night. Since I won the contest I want to repay the favor to Pedro. I'd like to make him something for his collection. The tricky thing is, I'm not sure what he'd like. I know he collects 80's dolls, and reproductions, but I'm not sure how many redresses he does. I kind of want to say he only keeps them in their original clothes, which makes me sending him something I made pointless. I spent some time today looking over what he's posted over on "In the Pink" and still don't have that strong of an idea of what to make for him. I guess I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled so I can think of something to make him. I mean, I have plenty of time. I just won the contest today.
Night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment