Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday in the Kitchen!

Well, I bit the bullet today and started cleaning in the kitchen, not sure why I'm still avoiding the hallways, it's the easiest to clean. Worked in the kitchen on and off in it for several hours today. I would like to say that I'm finished with it, but that's not the case. I would say that I got about halfway done before I called it quits for the day. And I would like to point out that I was taking lots of breaks during the day, so you don't think that the kitchen was like filthy. It just needs a lot detailed work, it's the little things that pile up and take the most time. Right now, I think I have one more section of counter to clear off and wipe down, wash down the cupboard doors, and mop the floor. So now you know my plans for tomorrow. Exciting right? You wish you could live like me. Hopefully tomorrow will be the end of the cleaning in there. But only if I suck up and mop the stupid floor, so not looking forward to that chore. When that room's done all that's left are the hallway/stairs and the laundry room, both of which should be relatively easy. There's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping to get everything done before Friday so I can just cook that day. I think I may have already said that, so if I did feel free to ignore me.
Oh, I wanted to tell you. So the other day when I was cleaning up the living room, I set up a bust that belongs to my mother. It came from my Great-Grandmother's house. It's a woman, don't know much about it. Anyway, I set it on the bureau that I bought a few weeks back (do you remember it?). First off, that thing was heavy, thought I was going to break my arm just lifting it, but that's marble for you. Anyway, today I was heading out the back door to check on the plants, and the darn thing startled me. Like for some reason I thought that there was a completely white girl at waist level. It just struck my funny because I got spooked from one pair of eyes looking at me, when I have over 100 sets of eyes looking in my general direction whenever in my room. It just amused me, looking back. I mean, me of all people. I should be used to being looked at by unblinking eyes.
And speaking of unblinking eyes, Charlotte went back to her Steampunk outfit today. (How do you like my transition?) It's the first time she's worn it since last December. I think that after she got her face repainted I didn't feel she had the right look to wear the outfit anymore but, now that she's wearing it, I don't see any issue with it. I mean it's not as cutesy as it once was, but she looks fine in it. I still really like it, and I still think it's my most ambitious project to date. And did you know that there's still a couple pieces of it in the unfinished project box? Nothing from the actual official outfit, just a couple of extra things. Not sure if I'll ever get back to them, but if I do decide to I know where to find them. But I can't even think about sewing right now, too tired.
Anyway, until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment