Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What a waste of a day...

Didn't get much done today, it was far too hot. I'm not sure where spring went, but I sure do miss it. We went from too cold to too hot practically overnight. And I don't know about you guys, but whenever I get too hot, I get crabby. I'd much rather be cold than hot. At least when you're cold you can add more clothes to stay warm. When you're too hot, there's only so much you can take off before you're as neekid as the day you were born. And while I didn't get to that point, I'm sure that getting nude wouldn't make that much of a difference. Like I said, it was hot. Plus when it's too hot, you get all sweaty and icky, I hate being all sweaty. (Gross)
But I did get a chance to take the pictures that I promised you, so without any more digressing, here's Vanessa's new dress;










But that was one of my most productive things of the day. Still can't think of the next project to sew right now. I did play around making something for Charlotte, but I didn't like it, so I went back to the Ballet costume she's still wearing. Hopefully I'll come up with something soon. Right now I'm looking at redressing a vintage Ken, but still haven't found anything that I really wanted to make for him. I feel bad for him because I took his clothes off already, but at least he's cool in this hot weather.
Other than take pictures I really didn't do much. I did try out that workout tape I downloaded earlier. I like this one much better than the one I tried yesterday. It's faster and more enjoyable to me. I only wish that they were a little more descriptive with breaking down their moves, but that's never been a strong point with me. I've taken a few dance classes in my time (forced to), and I've never been one to just pick up the moves the first time I see them. I need to see them over and over again and break them down in my head. But I like this video, and with time I'm sure I'll get the dance moves down. I only managed to get 12 minutes done before I was all icky and super overheated. It took me taking a cool shower in order to get to a comfortable temperature. I don't know about you, but if this is spring, I will literally burst into flames for summer. Not cool, not cool.
Although I am thinking about making myself some shorts. Just some throw away ones to wear around the house. I used to have two pairs, but the dog ruined one (stupid dog), and I can't wear one pair all summer. That would be gross. I do have a shorts pattern, but it's more complicated than what I want to make. I just want a pair of shorts to wear when it's super hot. Like basically glorified boxers shorts, nothing fancy with a zipper. So I'm thinking about cobbling out a pattern to make a pair or two. I've made people shorts before when I worked at the costume shop, so I know it's not too hard. I just need to get some cheap fabric. Next time I'm in Hobby Lobby I'll hit up their discount section. They don't have to be pretty, just wearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment