Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday...

Today was another pretty low key day. I did start some sewing for Francie, but the moment that I had an issue I quit, so I guess I wasn't that invested in what I was doing. Maybe I'll return to it, maybe not. Instead today I played video games, Lego Batman to be exact. I borrowed the PS2 from my brother in order to play. It's more fun playing with someone, but my brother rarely likes to play, so if I have the PS2 in my room, I can at least play on my own compared to bugging him to play. But when he gave me the system he wanted to play too. So we spent several hours playing in my room. So there went my morning!
But I did go out in the afternoon, and get something important done. I finally got my money for the dolls into the mail. So I'm finished with that for my part of it. Hopefully it will get to Canada soon, and then they will be on their way to me. I'll certainly be glad when this is all squared away, and I'm not just saying that because it's going to be new dolls. I'm saying that it'll take roughly two weeks to get there and for me to get my package. My dad is guessing it'll take ten days, I'm hoping he's closer than I am.
So while out posting my letter into the mail, I also hit up some stores. We visited; Goodwill, Salvation Army, the Christian Second Hand Store, Big Lots, and Hobby Lobby. And I did not get a single thing! Which I'm cool with, I just got stuff the other day that I haven't used, plus I don't need to be buying stuff just to buy stuff. I did see the Student Teacher Barbie Reproduction at Big Lots and toyed with getting it, for like a second. I really don't care for them that much. I mean in the collection I have four reproductions, and those are the first on the chopping block for my "every one in, one leaves" policy. I'd rather have a decent (or so) condition vintage counterpart than a mint reproduction. There's just something magical about the actual doll compared to a copy, something that can't be recaptured. In the end all I'd end up doing is swiping her shoes, and 25 dollars is a steep price for a pair of shoes, I could get more for less (and have). So I left her, she can be someone else's lucky find.
Other than that I didn't do much, hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more exciting, but I don't have anything planned. I'm going though another one of those "can't think of anything meaningful to sew" phases. I'm sure it will pass sooner or later. It happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment