Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shake, shake, shake Senora!


It was quite an unusual day on most accounts. We (practically the entire East Coast) had an earthquake, a most rare occurrence. In all my years of living, I can't remember having something like this happening before. It was weird. I was in my room when everything started shaking. I specifically noticed that my bed, my floor fan, and my computer were all shaking. At first I thought it was a truck, since when the larger ones drive by the house it can cause some light trembles. I was thinking that it must have been a rather large truck to do that, but when it stopped I went to look out the window to see what caused it, there was nothing on the road. I had a quick idea of earthquake, but thought that was silly. I clicked over to "In the Pink" to see if there were new pictures to see, and someone posted that there was an earthquake on the East Coast. I clicked on the TV just in time to catch a news report confirming that it was a 6.0 that originated in Virginia. Weird! Luckily it was a smaller one, so we were all fine. My family up in Connecticut felt it too, although some did some didn't. My aunt and cousin in West Hartford did, and my Grandparents in Burlington didn't.
This morning was also a weird one because I did some more writing. I haven't mentioned it in a while because I haven't done any in a while. I took a break for some reason or another. But I've been feeling that I need to get back into it. I want to get this book finished. So I'm going to start my writing days up again. And I worked on it today! I got less than a page done, and it was just rewriting the intro to the section, but it's something new! I stopped because of a single word that I was stuck on. What would you call someone that's a term of endearment, but you don't really care for them (and to their face)?
I also got more cleaning done in the afternoon. I was forced to clean off my desk... finally. It's been such a mess that I can't do anything on it. So I made myself to clean it off, and put most things away. It still has stuff on it, but it's the cleanest it's been in months, which is sad to say. Hopefully I can keep it somewhat cleared for a bit. I know I feel better when things are more organized.
For the finishing it up project for today I did a quick fix. It's another recent addition to the box, but one I didn't make originally. This pink slip on dress came with the Ariel doll I bought recently. The back seam was all shot. I guess someone tried it on who was too big for it. There was also some runs in the back. So I ended up making a new back seam, easy-peasy. Don't really care for this dress, but I wanted to fix it so I could use it for someone else in the donate pile. Although, it's a little tight since I had to take in some in the back. So whoever wears it, will have to be thinner than Charlotte. Sorry for the super blurry picture. It came out like that and I could not be bothered to take it again. Enough of the details are there to show you how the dress looks, just not very clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment