Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome to a Mending Month!

If you look at the top of the page you'll notice that there's a new header up there. I'm not totally in love with it, but it's only temporary. I'll explain; lately I've been unmotivated or too busy to get around to my "Finish it up Friday" duties. And since that's not getting done I've noticed that my unfinished project box is starting to overflow, since I'm still adding stuff to it and not removing things from it. And since I don't want to start a second box, I'm going to start chipping away at it.

So for the month of August every day I'm going to get one thing out of the box. And that's my first goal of the day. No matter what else happens, getting that done and blogged about it my goal. Hopefully by the end of the month, I will have 31 finished things out of that box. So let's get started.

For today, I worked on the jacket that came with Mr. Heart. While I didn't make it, it needed some mending, so it was in the box with the rest of the stuff. It needed all of it's seams reinforced. I guess over 20 years of play things had started to come undone. I also washed it, hoping that a long soak would help refresh the colors. No luck with it though. Oh well, here it is, ready to go into the bag of Ken clothes.Day one completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment