Monday, August 22, 2011

"What a Dump!"

A quiet day around here today. I don't really have any specific projects in mind for anybody. Many people to dress, but not that many ideas for them. So instead I kept reading. I was able to finish the book I started yesterday. I also started a second book, but didn't get very far into it. I'm thinking about switching to another book. This one has yet to "grab" me, and I certainly have enough other books to start reading.
I also did something else other than just read, I started to clean. I've been so bad lately about leaving things where I last used them. This is fine for the few things I use often, but when there's so many things out because I couldn't be bothered to put them away it gets hard to work. It's not too bad when it's all concentrated in one area, but lately it's been wide spread over the entire room. The desk is an absolute mess right now. There's literally no place to put anything down on it. So sewing over there is not really easy at the moment. So it was time to focus on it and get something cleaned. I didn't start on the desk, instead I worked on the two closets in the room, as well as working on the top of the dresser. I was able to get the closets more organized, and the dresser in a little bit better of a shape. Still lots of work to get done!
I also managed to work on my finish it up project even though the desk is still a mess. It was something different today because it was for Joe, compared to Barbie. I made this months ago... a real long time ago, but was having trouble with it, so I gave up on it. It's a sweater for Joe made out of a dollar store sock. I had mostly finished it when an issue on the bottom made me quit and throw it into the box. Today I pulled it out, fixed the skewed hem on the bottom, reinforced the seams, and sewed the back. Originally I was going add snaps like the turtlenecks, but found out that it could easily slide on over his head, plus this fabric was a real pain I didn't want to bother hemming the back and adding more snaps. So this was an easier solution. So that's what I did. But I did have to hand sew a bit in the back since some of the stitches tore out when I was removing the stabilizer. But it's done, and it looks pretty cute. I guess this finish it up mess does have some benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment