Thursday, September 1, 2011

An announcement for you all...

But first my day: It was a quiet day, I managed to get the living room and the upstairs hall cleaned and organized. As well as getting some minor cleaning done in the kitchen. Tomorrow I have to clean the upstairs bathroom as well as the kitchen, but I'm thinking about putting off the kitchen to last so that it'll be more likely that someone other than myself will actually do it. I just hate cleaning that kitchen, hate, hate, hate it.
I also got Skipper's outfit finished. I didn't have much to do today since all it really needed was the back seam finished as well as making her her second sock. I also added some hair ribbons to her outfit and gave her a shoe. I say shoe singular since the shoes that really looks lovely on her I only have one of. And the worst part is, I have no idea where it came from originally so I can't try to find a match for it. So if anyone knows where a Barbie sneaker with molded stars on the sole was from I'd love to know. I also have the same mold of shoe in purple. I do really like the shoes, I just wish I had a matching pair. But even with the solo shoe Skipper is adorable. I will say dressing her with her rubbery arms and legs are a pain. I guess Charlotte's hard plastic body has really spoiled me! I took some pictures outside so you can see Skipper in all her dressed glory.
Also today marks the end of "Finish it up for the Month of August." I'm proud that I made it, it was really tough some days. But it was beneficial, I got a lot out of the box, but there's still plenty more to deal with. But I did like having something to share with you all at the end of the day. It really cut down on those days where I didn't feel like sewing, but still did in order to have something to share at the end of the day. I think that while the month deal is over, I will keep up with doing something like that on days where I don't have anything else to share with you. So before I take down that header from the blog, let's take a moment to immortalize it in the post:

There, not that that's done let's never look at it again. I still think it's rather ugly. (Edit, I couldn't get it to show up in the blog, so you will have to remember it in your mind) But anyway, onto my big announcement. I am done buying dolls for the next month. Lately with the recent influx of dolls I haven't had the time to sit back and enjoy the collection. The new dolls get a few days to get dressed then get thrown into the collection while I'm working on the next doll. And even worse after I get a new doll I'm already moving onto what one I'm going to get next. It's a sick obsession that I need to curb. So this month I'm not going to buy any more dolls... but with that being said I do have a couple things that are still in the works from late last month, that will be bringing in more dolls. But once those are done, I am done for the rest of the month. I will no longer be actively seeking out new dolls for the month of September. No E-bay searches, no board post, and no random Google searches. It's time to reflect on the collection compared to my next score. I really think that's for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Skipper looks so cute! those shoes look really familiar to me. I want to say they came with the McDonald's Stacie, but I'm really not sure, so don't quote me on it. the boxed dolls on ebay don't show the shoes. there are some red sneakers up there but they don't mention the bottom having stars.

    ReplyDelete