Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's begining to feel a bit like Christmas...

Everywhere I shop. It seems each year the Christmas stuff gets put our earlier and earlier. Hobby Lobby had stuff out in late August this year. Not that I blame them, Christmas is a huge part of their profits, and the earlier they get people to start spending that's more money they get to take in.
But even with the beginning of the Holiday push, I too am thinking about Christmas, especially since one of my Christmas's is going to be soon. Since I'm going back up to Connecticut for my sister's wedding in November (don't remind me), we're doing family Christmas then. So again (I know I've talked about this before), I'm going to be making more of those baskets for them. Yay... But all that annoying ungrateful work aside, I have been thinking about regular Christmas too. Since I have... limited funds, I really need to start planning earlier (and stop spending all that money on myself), so I have enough to get my parents and my siblings (and future brother in law) something they want for Christmas. I've been doing some planning and thinking about it, and it's really hard! I want to find something for each person that they'll really like, but it's so impossible sometimes!
It's times like these that I really think that I don't know these people in my family, but I'm sure that's just my over analyzing our relationships to find the perfect present, I know them all fine. I did find something perfect for my mother, it was just expensive and I needed to save up money for it. I made the mistake of telling my father, and he gave me the money for it and I bought it for him, so I'm not really sure if that's something I can say I got for her since I didn't contribute financially. I do have something else that I'm thinking about getting her, I just have to find it online at a decent price. For my sister I had the great idea of getting her and her to be husband an ornament commemorating their first Christmas as a married couple. She asked for ornaments last year, and this would be a touching present that the two of them could use each Christmas. I already looked around for prices and found several decent ones. Now I just have to decide which one I want to get for them.
I also have several decent ideas for my brother and father... I just need to figure out which is the best for them at the best price for me. Can you believe that I'm already planning Christmas, and I'm making real progress?
I haven't even sent out my Christmas cards yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment