Friday, October 7, 2011

Malibu Francie Trouble

Yes, trouble. It all started earlier this week. I was looking around on E-bay for a Malibu Francie. It was all due to the fact that I received my E-bay rewards points, a whole 78 cents. While there I found two Francie's for twenty dollars each. I ended up picking the one with free shipping, since she looked in decent shape, even though she had some issues, a split ankle, and some spots on her heels. She was from Japan, and her face, hair, and makeup looked good. The seller shipped her super fast, and got her in the mail this afternoon.

I was excited to open her, then... the horror. She has the dreaded green spots on her face. Not as much as some, but she had one glaring spot on her upper lip. It looked like a blue-green cold sore. I looked over the ad, and it wasn't mentioned and the pictures were so brightly lit you couldn't see it, so I contacted the seller about it. I tried to be as kind as possible, since you get more flies than honey. And the seller said I could return her. I have to pay shipping (which was in the ad), so I'm going to do that. I would have also accepted getting some money off, but this might be for the best. It might be cheaper in the long run to return her and get a non-spotted face Francie doll.
Sad that it ended like this, but at least I can say that I owned a Malibu Francie even if it was just long enough to return her!

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad! I hope you find her again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Malibu Francie on DollPage right now:
    http://www.thedollpage.com/ads/viewlisting.php?view=33316

    (It's not mine--I just saw it and remembered this post).

    ReplyDelete