Wednesday, October 19, 2011

May I complain to you all for a moment?

It's been a while since I vented on the blog, and the need has arisen again. So today the majority of my day was spent going to a tux fitting. I spent my morning getting ready for it, and the afternoon doing it. We had to go all the way to Greensboro for it. Any by we I mean, my father, my brother, and myself since my sister is making all of us get tuxes for the wedding. And of course we ended up getting lost going there. Which is normal, and wasn't too bad, it was just a little high tension for a little bit. Finally we got to our destination, and they couldn't find the information in the computer. So we called my sister... and got no response. So while we waited to hear back from her we left Men's Warehouse, and went to Joanne's Fabrics. I had a coupon they sent me in the mail. I walked through the entire store and didn't find a single interesting pattern. Even the non-cotton fabrics weren't exciting. I ended up getting some blue calico and matching thread, but that's it.
We talked about having to go back to Greensboro another day to do the tux fittings, but we managed to find the info in the computer, no thanks to my sister. So we got our tux fittings, which weren't that long, but still super awkward. I just don't like strangers touching me... and asking questions about my body. But it's done and over with, don't have to deal with that until we pick them up in Connecticut. After that I thought we were going home, but I was wrong. We ended up at a few stores before heading home. At this point I just wanted to get home and relax, but no, we had to stop every few miles it seemed.
Eventually we made it home, but my mom had some bad news to share. Apparently, My mom's going to be sitting with some people she doesn't care for at the wedding reception, my parent's are going to sleep at my Aunt's house when they're there, my sister's lame college friends are going to be at our Christmas the next day, and we might have to get them presents. I am NOT pleased with any of these developments. It's just I'm not exactly thrilled with this wedding. (Our family has a track record of making things worse than they should be, plus last time I was up there it was DREADFUL), but each day it seems to get worse and worse.
Sigh, when will this all be over?!?!?
And will I survive it?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your sister's giving you more of a case of 'wedding bell blues' than she has herself ! Hopefully the negative stuff will fade away or won't be an issue as time draws closer - I know I loathe buying gifts for people I don't like ! Hang loose, dude, I bet you'll look great in that tux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear that..I had to drive all the way to Cary last summer to Mens Warehouse to get my tux for my nephews wedding ( I was an usher). I had to pay for my own and go pick it up and return it..she (the bride) just had to have "special" tux's..they had to come from one store only..seems like wedding's bring out the worst in some people..so I can relate to your pain.

    ReplyDelete