Sunday, October 9, 2011

Okay, another shoe post....

Thought you guys might want to see this. Remember when I showed you those Mary Jane shoes there were from the same mold, but were different colors? Like I said I was planning on painting them with nail polish. I was a bit hesitant about doing that since the last few times I've tried have been not so successful, but I still wanted to try with this pair. I love this style of shoe, and since I had one blue one, and one pink one I sure couldn't use them like that. So my hands were tied and in order to even think about using them, I'd have to recolor them.

And I painted them, in the shiny black nail polish I have. And let me tell you, they came out wonderfully. I guess that the plastic these shoes are made of are more malleable, so they took the paint easier then others? I don't know. I do wish it worked out this nicely for the other shoes I tried. Charlotte's been wearing them for a few days now and they've haven't chipped, or flaked, or stained her socks. I still have a couple spots to touch up on the pink one, the pink shows through more than the blue one. But they are easily part of my new favorite shoes. Charlotte is so keeping these! They might even replace her saddle shoes and her high heeled Mary Janes (when worn with non-formal clothing).
So pleased with how they came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment