Sunday, October 16, 2011

Qu'ell Horror!

I probably botched that up royally. That's supposed to be French, but I'm working off some incredibly rusty High School lessons, and I was never very good at it (Like I'm talking D's and C's).
I'll start off with the bad news, Joe's hand is broken. Actually the plastic ring connecting his hand to the post is broken. Not really sure when it happened, I went to move him, shifted his arm slightly, then boom, his hand fell off. Not exactly thrilled that this happened. I mean, his new body is less than a year old, and has not gotten a lot of use. Charlotte's been all over, and she's still in one piece. I can still place his hand back in and it'll stay as long as you're careful and not moving him, but that's not the best fix. I've already went to E-bay and looked up replacement hands. I couldn't find any. I did find the store that I got the body from originally and checked there. Couldn't find any there either, so I sent them an e-mail. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I can buy a new body for nine dollars, but that seems a little silly to just replace a hand. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but finger's crossed that they'll be able to help me. (And not the "help" where they tell me to buy a new body). If I do need to buy a new body, I'm thinking about shopping around for a different type. While I like Joe's body for the most part there are several things I'd like different. If it costs a little more to get one that I'll like better then I'll spend it. Of course that means nothing if his hand is just going to fall off in a year!
And more bad news... sort of. I worked some more on the dress I started yesterday. It's basically done, and I really like it. I even went and tweaked the bodice to fit a little better. It's just that I don't have any snaps, or hooks and eyes, and I need those to finish it. So, I'm a little stuck at the moment with it. And I won't be able to get to the store until Wednesday at the earliest. So right now the doll who's wearing it is using safety pins to keep it on. So I'm not going to be sharing it until it's finished. I hope you guys can wait that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment