Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Took it kind of quiet today...

I didn't feel much like working with the Domos today, and didn't do much Barbie sewing either. I did some re-work on a Barbie blouse for a little bit, but stopped when it wasn't turning out like I wanted it to.
On an unrelated note, I got some bad news this morning. My Great-Aunt passed away around 2 this morning. It was sort of sudden, she had been hospitalized in the past few days, and while it didn't sound good, it didn't sound so dire. Yet, here we are. I'm actually not particularly upset over her passing. Now, that sounded pretty heartless. I feel sorry that she's gone, but I was not close with her at all. She was a woman who did not like spending time with my side of the family, and did not feel obligated to do so, even though she lived less than 20 minutes from everybody. I'm not really sure why she avoided us so, it started many years before I was born with my Great-Grandmother and Grandmother. Which makes it even more puzzling. I can't say a whole lot about my Great-Grandmother (she died before I was born), but I know my Grandmother is a real social charmer. She just knows how to talk to people, and is always making friends. Let's just say I did not get my awkward social skills from my Grandmother. So I have no clue my Great-aunt didn't seem to care for her. But, I digress. I'm truly sorry for her children and grandchildren, I know they will miss her, and that makes my heart ache.

So, I wasn't motivated to do any sewing. Instead I went back to video games (but ended up quitting after a bit) I also did more research for Joe's new body. I have still not heard back from the E-bay people, so I guess my repeat business means very little to them. I will not spend another nine dollars to just replace a hand on a body that I was only moderately satisfied with. I found several new options, some that I really like. It's just tricky finding exactly what I want, for what I can pay. I don't think I'm being that picky, but I kind of am. Why can't it be as easy as it was for Charlotte? I love the Fashionista body, and love how she can use it. Where's Joe's Fashionista? Or would it be Maninista? Anyway, I can't buy anything at the moment, but it's good to know what I want, and how much it's going to cost me. I did find one that looked really promising, but even with that there's a bit of a roadblock. I cannot for the life of me, find the company that makes it. I found the name of the company, but whenever I search for that I cannot find anything about it. I'm really not sure if it's still around. The picture I found was a few years old, and you know how things can go out of business quickly. I even signed up to a forum for people who make 1:6 scale custom figures to ask for their opinion. I'm just too scared to actually type anything. What if I say something stupid? Or put it in the wrong section?
Sometimes people online can get very catty over this type of thing.
*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment