Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Like both sides of a coin

Today I worked on dressing one of the nude dolls that have been piling up like cut wood, Ricky to be exact. I had an clothing idea I wanted to try for him, so in order to see if I liked it I had to make it. I started with a pair of pants. I needed to iron part of it, so I plugged the iron in, and waited. And waited, and waited. For some reason it would not get hot. I tried turning it off and on again, and even changed the plug it was in. But I couldn't get it to start. It is rather old. It's my parents and if I had to make a guess I'd say it's over 25 years old at this point. So I'm not totally shocked that it quit. I'm thinking that I might ask for my own Iron for Christmas, exciting right? I figured that I could ask my sister for it since it's cheap and readily available. That is unless the iron I have has a sudden return to life. Although, I might still ask for one, I'm 25 that's about time to have my own iron, really now.

Anyway, that's the bad part of today. But in some good news, I finally found those ribbon roses I lost a while back! I was starting to think I had thrown them out or even scarier, imagined buying them in the first place. Again, this was because of Ricky. After I finished the sewing on his pants (after figuring out how to do what I wanted to do without an iron), I was looking in the bag of Skipper, Momoko, and smaller dolls clothing trying to find a shirt to see how I liked the look with the pants, and boom. There were the roses. I guess when I last used that bag the roses got mixed in with the clothes and I put them all away together. Not sure when I'll use these, but I am sure glad that I found them. Especially since I was thinking about buying a second package to replace the missing one.
Ricky just saved me three dollars! (but then again, having to buy a new iron will cost more than three dollars so really he cost me much more than that...)
Thanks Ricky...
And I decided I didn't like the look of the outfit on him, so it's back to the drawing board...

No comments:

Post a Comment