Sunday, November 6, 2011

To heck in a Christmas Basket.... Day One

Today was the big day, the start of making those Christmas Baskets.
Finally I can actually start making them, than just dreading doing them, and buying the supplies for them. Started off exactly like last year, with Rice Crispy Treats. You can read about last year's experience here: that post.
I make these first because they freeze decently, so they last longer than some of the other items in the baskets. This was basically similar to last years. Again, I got six basket servings per pan. (I even used the same pan). This year however I ended up using three entire boxes of cereal, and six bags of marshmallows. This allowed me to make ten servings of the treats. One spare for myself, plus one for my sister since she asked for one. But that's not all that I got out of it. I also made something different. Using the biscuit cutters (used last years cookies) I made three different shaped circles. I then stacked them going from biggest to smallest. They're supposed to look like wedding cakes. They're for the rehearsal dinner, for dessert. I made 26 of those suckers. Because we're expecting 20 people for the rehearsal dinner. Even though, there's only six people in the actual wedding, but that's what happens when you have the dinner at my Grandparent's house. Everyone and their friends are invited... I decided to make 26 just so that we had enough spares. I drizzled white chocolate over half of them, and left the other half plain. Just in case someone doesn't like white chocolate.
I started all this around 9:30 this morning, and was done around 1 in the afternoon. And let me tell you, my arms are tired. That was so much stirring! After it was done, I didn't know what to do with myself. I don't have anything planned since I cleared my scheduled for the baskets. I ended up loafing around all day. I did need it, I've been in a bit of a funk... but it really didn't help much. Oh well, after the 15th things should be getting better. Tomorrow's goal is Oh Henry bars, peppermint bark, and one serving of chocolate covered pretzels.
*Sigh*
Oh, no pictures because I'm too lazy to drag out the camera, plus it looks the same as it did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment