Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And the clouds came rollin' in...

I woke up this morning with a black cloud over my head. From my very first waking moment I've been in a foul mood. Sensitive, angry, moody, ready to pick a fight, I've been all of these things today, and I'm not really sure why (although I have a few inklings).
I've tried to be on my best behavior today in spite of that. There's no need to take out my crappy feelings on my family when I know they're not the cause or the reason for my mood. If anything they are the people who help keep me from having more of these type of days. And I think I did pretty good, I didn't lash out at anyone or anything. I don't even think they know I've been having one of those dark days. I've been pretty good at keeping myself in check today. Did a lot of second guessing myself to decide if something I was saying (or typing) was just being mean, and erred on the side of caution for most of it. Hopefully tomorrow things will be better, although if I'm being bothered by what I think I am, it might not be...
Needless to say I wasn't in the mood to sew anything today. And I honestly even if I was, I'm not sure what I would have done. I actually don't have any projects in mind at the moment. Nothing for the nude dolls, nothing even for Charlotte, which says a lot. Instead I did some cleaning, which was good. I've been neglecting a spot in my room, and today I was able to go through it and move some stuff around and neaten it up. It was only a small spot, but now that it's clean the entire room feels bigger, isn't that weird?
I actually did some sewing, but nothing that required any creativity. I was just pulling some more stuff out of the unfinished project box and working on it. Now that it's not disgustingly overflowing I feel more like pulling things out from it and working on them. Maybe that's how I have to do it, keep it well stocked with projects, but not overflowing. Today I pulled out Ashley's original Christmas dress. It was pretty close to being finished when I decided I didn't like the look and gave up on it. Since it was so close to being done I wanted to finish it. It didn't hurt that the only reason I didn't at the time was because I didn't like the look of it, there was no sewing errors in it or anything. It just needed the skirt sewed down (it was attached, just with large stitches), and then the usual finishing treatment. I used Charlotte as my fit model (like usual), and it came out well. I'm glad it's finished, but I don't have much use for it, especially now that Christmas is over. I'm just glad it's finished and I can keep it out of the box.
I also fished another item out of the box to work on. This is an underskirt variation I was trying out. I forget what the original project that it was for, I want to say Charlotte's Odette costume, but that could be wrong. (It's been a while since I thought about it) It's like the usual underskirt, but with the white fabric shortened and a tulle skirt instead. It's basically a band of fabric for the waistband with tulle making up the skirt and giving it the fullness to fill out a skirt. It didn't work at the time, but figured I could at least finish it and have it available. So I did. All it needed was seam reinforcements and a snap. Pretty simple, and it certainly fills out a skirt. Charlotte is wearing it under the dress in the above pics, and it's as full as that skirt can go. It might actually be too full of a skirt. Did I actually say that???
Madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment