Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas 2011

Just wanted to post a quick update about my Christmas.
We worked out the times and dates for when my sister and her Husband can join us, and the first free day is January 7th. (Not too late actually.) Originally I was thinking we could do our usual Christmas on Christmas and do a catch up day for them on the 7th, but the more I thought about it, it just seemed silly doing two big things like that just twelve days apart. So I decided to do everyone's Christmas on the 7th, together. On the actual Christmas day I thought it would be nice to have a sit down meal with my family, but not do presents. Then on the 7th we can do all the traditional stuff. Plus it would keep me from having to make two turkeys! Christmas we can do roast or something. I asked everyone if that was okay with them, and they all said it was fine. Which is good because that way I'll have a little more time for buying presents!

I'm so behind on that it's not even funny.
At this rate I'm so poor everyone might be getting rice crispy treats... or tater bags...
(Also this means we can take advantage of the post-Christmas candy sales!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan. We decide usually the week of if we're going to shop or wait until the new year. It's fun to have everyone together to celebrate :O)

    ReplyDelete