Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm collecting more heads than a serial killer!

Good news, the head is mine! Last night after I wrote yesterday's blog post I got an email from Joe Blitman. I won't lie, I got a bit nervous opening it. I was sure it was going to be him explaining why the head was not actually for sale at that price or something. But that wasn't the case, it was a Paypal invoice for it, including shipping. He cost me 23.50, with 3.50 of that going for shipping. I've already paid, and he even got shipped today! His ad is no longer on the site, so I guess I got the only one, or one of the only ones. Our meeting was fate! I can't wait for him to get here. He is going to need a body still. I plan on getting a Fashionista Ken for that. I was told yesterday that you can do that. I just hope that he's a decent color match. Luckily I still have some money on my last Walmart card. I'm going to wait until he's here to get his body so I'll have in hand experience on how the bodies will match. And by the way, what's with me getting Integrity head molds and putting them on Mattel bodies? Vanessa's like that too, it's just weird. I just don't know if I want to wait until Christmas (January 7th) to "open" him. I do want to actually open a present on Christmas, but I don't know if I want to wait that long for him! Decisions, decisions!
I ended up skipping writing today. I sat down in front of the computer and opened several documents, but ended up just staring at them for a while. I did work on the story notes in the redo of Ballad of Submission, but that's all I did. I'm thinking about dialing back to just one writing day a week. There's no point with two days when I'm so stuck like this.
So instead I worked on Malibu Stacy's dress. I gave the dress I made yesterday some thought, and decided that the only reason why I didn't like it was the color. The style and shirt were fine, it was the hot pink that made me dislike it. So I decided to make another version of that dress, just using that green flower fabric I bought recently at Hobby Lobby. I quickly churned out the dress, and I actually like it. I still have tons to finish on it, but I think she may have found her dress!
I didn't do more with the dress because I went out today! Originally I said I would go, then decided to not, then got pressured into going. I rarely work well with peer pressure, so I forced myself to buy something, in order to teach that person a lesson! Not really, I found something I really wanted, but I had to justify myself purchasing it. What I found was a bag of random doll crap. I could see from the sealed bag that it was a lot of 70's doll heads, some body parts, and some newer stuff. Everything was broken, melted, and really dirty. I saw several heads that I recognized, so I took the risk. I figure that for 12 dollars (Originally 24 but half off) that I could chance it, especially since most of the heads in there looked like they were in really good shape. Dirty, but in good shape, and I didn't have most of who I saw. So I bought it. I figure that if I manage to complete two dolls from that bag (buying what else I need) it'll be cost effective. I'm going to break down what I got over several days since there's a lot to talk about in the bag. If you're a Flickr friend you've already seen lots of what was inside, but not everything, plus I have some more descriptions to give. Exciting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment