Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One more done!

Skipped writing today. I think I'm going to take a break until after the 7th (Fauxmas). I have too much to do and too much on my mind to really focus on writing. After the 7th things will be calmer and I'll be more likely to get something accomplished. Heads up, one of the things on my mind is the upcoming house cleaning before the 7th. Just how I want to celebrate my new year. Fun.
So today I continued working on Ashley's outfit. Time is very quickly running out and I need to finish it if I'm going to have the entire shelf dressed by Christmas and be able to post a picture. I was mostly done with it, so it wouldn't take long to finish it. I just had to get off my duff and do it.
The shirt was already done, and the jumper just needed a couple of minor things finished on it. Unfortunately in order to finish it I had to undo part of it. It was just taking off one snap, so it wasn't that bad, but I hate having to redo snaps. But I needed to do it. The way that I added the first snap, while fine at the top was throwing off the match of the bottom sides of the skirt. One side was ended up much lower than the other one. So I could either redo the snap, or adjust the hem. The snap was easier to fix so it won. So I undid it and redid it. It still looks good at the top, but I was able to compensate for the bottom so I only had to tweak one side a little to make it match up. One more snap and sewing up the back hem and I was done! Another dress finished on my crazy Christmas mission! I took a couple pictures of her for you (and Flickr and In the Pink). Here they are:
After I had finished with Ashley I turned my attention to Malibu Stacy. She had lost the shirt I made for her to Ashley, so I sat down to make her a new one. I managed to mess up the fit of this one, so it was very tight on the shoulders and made it ripple across the bust. I toyed about giving to top to Ashley and putting her top back on Stacey (the new top was tight on Ashley but not as tight). But since I had Ashley's all finished I didn't want to rip out the bow. And honestly I wasn't in love with the fit of the new top on Ashley either, so I decided to just remake the top again. This one went into the box for another time. But when the second top had it's own fit issues, and I knew that I was going to have to make it a fourth time, I decided I was done for the day. At least I got Ashley's outfit finished. Stacy is just going to have to wait, at least she's not on a holiday deadline.

1 comment:

  1. I love this outfit. I have a couple of ladies who would swoon to wear it.

    ReplyDelete