Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Out with the Old! (Sort of)

My sleep issues flared up again last night. I spent several hours tossing and turning trying to fall asleep, then when I finally did it would only be in short bursts then I'd wake up again and repeat the tossing and turning. Really a terrible way to spend a night. So I've been a little laggy today. It's times like these that I wish I could take naps, but sadly I cannot. I only nap if I'm really sick, otherwise I wake up feeling worse than I did before I took the nap. It's a cruel world sometimes.

I did make an attempt at dressing a doll, but ran into troubles fairly early on and quit. It went into the unfinished project box, but wasn't there for long. No, I didn't come back to it, I actually dumped out the entire box. It's gotten extremely full lately since I've given up "Finish it up Friday", but I didn't dump it out in order to find something to finish. Instead I went and looked through everything. I made two piles. One pile of about thirty projects that I thought either had potential or were new to the box, and the rest. The stuff that I thought could still be saved went back into the box, the rest of it got dumped into a grocery store bag. The entire bag was filled with projects that I had started but never finished. I doubt I'll ever finish most of them (or like them if I do manage to finish them), but I'm not ready to throw out anything just yet. I just needed to get them off my desk for a while. Maybe when I'm not dealing with them for a while I can actually get rid of some of the less successful projects. I am thinking that February will be another finish it up month, and I can make some progress on the stuff in the bag (and the stuff in the box still).
But after I picked out the projects that I thought could still be completed, I was motivated to actually work on one of them. Sadly I didn't finish it, finish it, but it's closer to being done than it was before.
But progress is still progress. I hope I can actually sleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I have had bouts of insomnia so I feel your pain. I'm not usually a napper either. If I manage to fall asleep early I can't sleep at night. I'm glad you found something to do. I hope you were able to get some sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you. It'll work itself out eventually, it's just the getting there part that is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete