Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Some Unusual News

Found out today that my sister is moving. It was both out of the blue, and not. We knew that she was unhappy at work and looking for another job, and that she was looking places other than North Carolina, but I don't think anyone was expecting it to happen so quickly. She called my mother to announce that she was moving to Philadelphia, in exactly one month from today. Apparently she had a job interview last week up there (which we didn't know about), they offered it to her, and she accepted. Tomorrow she's going to inform her boss about it, and unless he offers her a big increase in pay, she's going to put in her notice.
I know my mom's upset by this... upset, but she wants my sister to be happy and knows the job she's in now was really asking too much of her, and she was getting paid less than people around her who did less work. I personally am not really sure what to think about it. I'm a little sad that we won't be able to all get together as often, but really my day to day life isn't going to change at all. It will take some getting used to on Holidays, but I'm sure I'll be able to deal. I mean, I can't really point any fingers about leaving since I certainly have no plans on sticking around once the opportunity presents itself. And actually when I do move to NYC, she'll be the closest of my immediate family to me, so that might actually help me with some homesickness. (Although, I really wouldn't turn for her for actual comfort). It would be nice knowing that she's not too far away.
And how does this affect you, you ask? Well, she's asked my father's help in the move. He helped them last time too, (New Jersey to North Carolina) but luckily I was able to skip that since I was in Maine at the time. This time I volunteered to help him (I purposely said him). He's not a young man anymore, and he's the last person willing to admit that. I don't want him hurting himself by overdoing it (which he's prone to taking more than his work share). I figure that if I'm there that's one more person doing to overall work, and my brother-in-law and I can deal with the heavy stuff together. But I'm not really sure how much I'll be needed. I might not be called into service at all, or might just help them in Charlotte, or I could make the trip all the way up to Philadelphia. I really don't know at this point, it's really anybodies guess right now. But I made the offer, so depending on the situation I might end up not blogging for a weekend.
But that's a month off in the distance, so who know what will happen. (Again I find my life not in my control, but at this point that's getting to be the norm.)
I did some sewing today, but don't feel like sharing at the moment. Maybe tomorrow.
Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment