Monday, February 13, 2012

Busy day in retrospect

I'm back to the daily grind of posting patterns for sale. I think I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. One week of posting stuff, followed by a week of focusing on creative stuff. It does mean that it's going to take longer to potentially reach my goal, but I am now much less likely to get burned out and give up. Slow and steady wins the race and whatnot. So today was a posting stuff day. It went quickly, mainly because I did all the prep work yesterday. I've decided since I have few precious hours where my patterns are at the top of the page and more likely to be seen the quicker I can get them posted in the day the better. So yesterday I wrote the ads, took the pictures, and edited them. All I had to do today was plug in all the info into Etsy itself. So I was able to get all four ads posted in record time this morning.
And it's a good thing I got them all posted quickly because I didn't have much time to spare this morning in order to get the most of my day. I had to go out pretty early in the morning. Not my usual visiting all over I typically do, today was just to go to the post office and finally get those two patterns into the mail. The person's money order arrived on Saturday, so today was the first chance for me to get it in the mail and out of my hands. I'm pleased to say that's done and taken care of. I've already e-mailed the person to let them know it's on its way to them.
When I was back at home I started working on the patterns I'm going to post tomorrow. I got all four of their ads written, but stalled when taking the pictures. I put it off until all the decent sunlight was gone. I'm going to have to do that in the morning. At least I made a decent start for tomorrow.
Not much to report on the doll front, even though it's a selling week I can still work on doll stuff when my posts are done. I did some more research, but didn't find anything promising. I did try something for Living Barbie, but decided against making it. I'm sure she will get dressed eventually, I just hope it's sooner than later. I've had some of those dolls since October, and some even earlier than that!
Also, I've had something else sell! Ironically a pattern, but not from Etsy. It was one of those Blythe patterns that I bought a while back. I've been holding onto them forever, and one finally caught someone's eye! So I'm happy to say that I'm able to move the thermometer counter up a whole notch, exciting right? Hopefully this ushers in another week of successful sales, even though I'm trying to keep in mind some selling weeks won't be as profitable as the week before, but I can dream right?
And finally, remember how I talked about e-mailing the seller when I had two hundred dollars saved up? Well that little time frame got tossed out the window today. I was looking at the ad again (which I do from time to time to keep motivated). I clicked on the contact the seller button to just see what happens. Honestly I was wondering if this whole site was a scam and this is where they tried to get you. "In order to contact the seller please join the site and send up your credit card info", but it was nothing like that. Instead I saw something just as upsetting, the fact that the ad was expiring today. I did check other ads and they weren't all like that. I was in a bit of a coin toss. I'm nowhere near my two hundred goal so my actually getting them is way off in the distance, but if the seller thinks there's no interest and lets the ad lapse I won't be able to get them. Eventually I talked to my mom about it, and she voted to contact the person. So I sent a simple e-mail, expressing interest, but clearly stating I wasn't able to purchase them yet (but working on raising the funds), and wondering if they were going to re-list or post it onto another site. I haven't heard back from them yet, but here's hoping when (hopefully not if) they contact me it's favorable news.
I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment