Monday, February 27, 2012

For the Love of Family

Early morning today. I'm not really sure why, but I was wide awake at seven. I tried going back to sleep, but with something like that once I'm awake there's no going back to sleep. So instead of fighting it in an effort to get more sleep, I got up and got my day started early.
One of the first things I got done was getting those patterns posted over to Etsy. I was able to quickly get the fourth ad written, and get all of them posted on the site, and in record time no less. Even though I've had such a major setback in my savings, I'm back to trying to be good and saving up my money again. After finishing those, I was so on the ball this morning I was able to pick four new patterns and get the ads written for three of them. I wasn't able to get the last one finished, not because my head was hurting, but because I had to go out this morning and get those two sold items into the mail. I was able to get that finished and no longer hanging over my head.
Back at home I didn't start back with the patterns just yet. I still needed to finish the fourth one and take the pictures of all of them, but it's been so overcast today all my pictures were going to come out very dark so I decided to hold off to see if it was going to clear up later in the day. But I never got a chance to do so today, my plans got made for me, and they did not involve patterns whatsoever.
Today was my sister's moving day. They had it all planned out, and none of it involved me, or so I thought. I should have expected plans changing, and the new plans included everyone driving to Raleigh to help her move. Nobody was thrilled by these new plans, but we all piled into the car and were on our way. We got there around four and were greeted with the movers leaving and a still very full apartment. This wouldn't be so bad except that my sister lives on the third floor without an elevator. We had to truck box after box downstairs, and some of them were remarkably heavy. Add to that the fact that my sister, bless her heart, is terrible at packing and moving. I don't know why she's done it plenty of times, but she seemed to have no clue what to do or what was going on even though she and her husband should really be in charge. So between myself, my brother, and her husband we ended up moving the rest of their apartment. We weren't done until eight. It was four hours of lugging stuff down stairs. Needless to say my legs are killing me. But she's out of there, and heading north now. I just pray the next time she needs to move I'm not available to help. It was just that stupid. I mean, I've moved before it's not that difficult if you plan it decently and don't leave everything to the last minute. And it's not like their actions affected only them, we all had to put in a lot of work, that we wouldn't have to if they got their act together.
SO frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment