Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Let's get that out of the way first. Hope everyone's had a good day. Charlotte was my Valentine again this year. But we didn't do much, she didn't even get a special outfit for the day. I can't remember if she got one last year or not, and I'm too lazy to check. She's been feeling the brunt of my creative ebb like the rest of the collection. She hasn't gotten a planned outfit since Christmas, and her last unplanned outfit was back in January. So for today she's back wearing one of her older outfits, her red pea coat, after she took back the red gloves and red hatbox from Mary Clair (who will get them back when she's done with them). At least she's not stuck in her Christmas dress. Ashley, Mary Clair, and Midge are still wearing their Christmas outfits. I do plan on redressing them, it's just when I made their dresses for Christmas I liked them so much more than what they were wearing they stayed in them. I will remake them in non-Christmas fabrics, I just haven't found the right fabrics to do so just yet. I am limited by my fabric stores.
Even though today is a holiday I wasn't able to lounge about, this is a working week. I did manage to get all four patterns posted over on Etsy in the morning. And I'm pleased to say I've had another one sell. Not one of the new ones, but one that I posted last sales week. It wasn't very much so I'm not able to increase my counter. Actually the sale of this one is going to go towards paying my Etsy bill, it keeps growing and growing. I guess I'm officially an Etsy seller. Should I update my resume? Might as well have something new on it.
Anyway, I got my patterns all set to go for tomorrow as well. I do like this new system, even though it's sometimes hard to find the motivation to get my rear in gear.
Hmmm, that's about all to say. I still haven't heard back from the doll lot person. Although I checked again today, the ad is still there, and claims to be expiring today as well. Maybe that's just how it always looks. Having not heard back from them isn't filling me with confidence, but I'm not going to give up just yet. I'm going to keep working until I get to my 200 dollar goal then contact them again. If after that I never hear from them I'll assume that they are no longer selling and move on. And if that happens I'll be upset, but at least I'll have 200 dollars to console myself with. That's a lot of retail therapy, although I'd rather just hear from that person.
I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment