Sunday, February 19, 2012

Why???

I started off Sunday trying to figure out what I wanted to do. Not because I didn't have anything to do, but the exact opposite. I have about four different projects in the works, most of them started (or re-started) from my Hobby Lobby trip. I do plan on getting to them all eventually, I just need to decide which to work on today. I eventually settled with remaking the tennis dress. It was the reason why I went to Hobby Lobby in the first place, and now that the other dress I started was done I felt confident that the pattern should work. So I got to work. It went together pretty easily, except the skirt was a bit of a pain. The bodice edge is rounded, but the skirt is straight, so it's hard to attach them together. I hope eventually that will become easier.
So I managed to get most of it finished, but when I was adding the second snap I ran into trouble. I guess I didn't take into consideration how wide Living Barbie's hips actually are. So it was a bit too tight in the hips and waist. The dress is mostly finished, but I think I'm going to have to remake it for a better fit. Not really sure what to do with this newest dress. It does fit Charlotte (bit shocked to learn that her hips are actually smaller than Living Barbie's), but it's not really her style. I think I'm going to store it in the spares bag, not that I'll ever need two of this particular dress. But I guess if Living Barbie wants a tennis partner (do they have partners in tennis?), they'll have matching dresses.

But remaking that dress is going to have to wait until another day. I'm done for today, because... I gave myself a minor concussion. Weird, right? I was putting something away in my room, and I dropped something behind my dresser, I pulled it away from the wall and bent down to pick it up, and when I stood up I smacked my head into a doorknob. Honestly, I didn't even think I hit it that hard, but I have the classic symptoms. It's very minor so I should be back to normal after a couple days of resting. It's just weird, I thought my skull was thicker than that!
So I'll see everyone tomorrow (hopefully).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aubrey!

    http://dollepic.blogspot.com/2012/02/caption-this-winners.html

    ReplyDelete