Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Start of a New Month

If you jumped up to the start of this month on the blog I'm sure you'll notice something has been missing for the past couple of weeks. Something usually written in the last part of the posts... You see, I've stopped posting my progress on clearing out that bag of random stuff I bought at the antique store. Simply because there hasn't been much progress, although the other day I did take out a Tuesday Taylor's head and reattach it's scalp. You see, I've been having a super hard time getting back into the swing of things after my Christmas hiatus and that project just had to be put on hold. I was feeling so overwhelmed that I even thought about taking another break from blogging to just catch up on everything. But I did not (as you should know), instead I muscled through it and put in many hours to get caught up on the blog, which I finally am. But that bag of random stuff ended up being neglected, but I think I got about half of it put away, so that's some progress.
So I'm going to keep working on it this month. The continued goal for February is to finally get it put away. Finger's crossed that I can actually keep myself to this goal this time, I really don't want to have to deal with that bag in March.
But that's not the only thing that's going on for February. Since technically the bag is a holdover from last month there's going to be something new this month. I'm also giving up going to Hobby Lobby. (Bet you didn't expect that) Lately I've been seeing a trend where I would spend a lot of money per trip on lots of different stuff, but would really end up using about a third of what I bought on projects (at best). And I'm nipping that in the bud. It's high time to start taking the time to use some of the supplies that I already have purchased compared to just getting more and more. I do get a nice feeling when I'm able to make a project from supplies that I already have on hand, hopefully this month will be filled with those kinds of things.
To prove how serious I am with this, I even went and unliked Hobby Lobby over on Facebook, and removed myself from their e-mailing list. Out of sight, out of mind. But... there is one minor thing I need to state. I'm allotting myself one cheat visit this month. Since I'm still boycotting Walmart (which I have not been in since buying Pierre's new body, thank you very much), I'm really removing all of my in town craft supply options (which is sort of the point), but if I'm in dire need of a supply (like if I run out of thread on a project), I'm allowed one (small) trip to Hobby Lobby in this month. This gives me one chance to pick up a supply and not feel like I fell short of my goal. I wonder if I'll be able to make it.
Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment