Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Another Day, Another Day

We had another birthday today, my sister's. We didn't have a party for her since she's several states away at the moment, but I wanted to acknowledge that it was today here on the blog. I already texted her "Happy Birthday". And I'm pleased to say she got her Rice Crispies today! I got a text back from her late this evening, "OMG, Thank you!". At first I was confused since that seems to be a little overexcited over a simple Happy Birthday text, but when I opened it fully I saw she sent a picture of her nibbling on the block of Rice Crispies I sent her. So I guess she really liked it. I'm glad she did, who knew it would be so easy to make her happy. Had I known that earlier our teen years might have not been so miserable together. I just hope she is able to sleep tonight, there's a lot of sugar in those things.
I wish I could say today was the day that I started back on patterns, but it wasn't. I just don't feel like doing anything with patterns at the moment, I mean I don't want to even look at them much less bother to post them. And I'm just as stuck on doll sewing. At least with that I have the desire, but not the idea. I've been trolling the internet looking for more 70s' fashions, and while there's a lot out there, nothing that really calls to me. I keep saving pictures of stuff that looks interesting, but when I try to apply it to the dolls, I'm just not feeling it. I've been sketching and even came up with something I liked, but when I pulled out the material and patterns I decided I didn't like it enough to actually bother sewing it. I've been having that a lot, where I'm okay with the idea of something, but when it comes to actually making it the desire just isn't there. It's a weird place to be, and I for one don't care for it. It's basically sewing for sewing's sake again, but this time the thought of the clothes are so boring I can't fake the enthusiasm to actually start it. I don't like it. There's dolls to dress and they're not going to dress themselves. Hopefully I can shake myself free from this... apathy, but right now I just don't care.
Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment