Friday, March 2, 2012

Changing Gears

I started off in a weird place this morning, not physically, but mentally. I just woke up feeling... off. I really don't have the words to explain it, but I was certainly feeling it. It almost kept me from posting my patterns for the day, but I've already been kind of lax this week, and I really shouldn't be missing another day, so I sucked it up, and worked on it getting all four posted and on site this morning. Here's hoping something sells, I've had an even slower week than the last selling week. But those things happen. At least they're on the site and at least have the potential to sell. They're not doing anything when they're just sitting in a big box in my closet.
I've also been doing a bit of thinking today. I'm still waiting to hear back from that person about the lot of dolls I've been working on save up for. I know it hasn't been that long since I sent the e-mail (if you consider a couple of weeks not that long in internet time), but the fact that I haven't heard anything makes me think that it's no longer available. So I'm giving up on it. I went and removed the bookmark to the page so I won't be tempted to look at it longingly. There's no need to of me looking at the item when I know that I'm not getting it. Especially when I want it so badly.
But I haven't given up on saving money completely, instead I'm changing focus. Instead of going for that large (and expensive) lot of dolls, I'm going to start saving up for a smaller (and less expensive) lot of dolls. I'd only be getting three dolls in this lot, but they're all ponytails (in various degrees of played with condition). For the three of them it'll cost 140 dollars, including shipping. It actually ends up being more per doll compared to the last lot, but these are all Barbie dolls, ponytails no less. The last lot included a few Barbie dolls (including two lovely ponytails), but there was also a lot of friends and family. And not to sound too snooty, but thirty dollars is a lot to pay for a Ken doll. I've never spent that much on one before, and I don't really want to start, unless it's in wonderful condition or rare. I mean I love all my dolls, but Barbie is, and will most likely always be, the main focus of my collection. Everyone else comes in under the umbrella collection that is Barbie. Also in the ad, the seller does say that they'd be willing to bundle some of the stuff, so once I've saved up half of the money I'm going to e-mail them to touch base and see if the dolls are still available, and if they'd be willing to make me a deal if I bought the three I have my eye on. I don't know if they'd be willing to lower the price, but it couldn't hurt to ask, right? I am hoping that they'd be willing to lower the price down some, but I'd still get them if they don't. (Unless they're rude to me when I e-mail them) So while it's technically more per doll, but it's less money to save up, considerably less. I'll be more likely to actually reach this goal, and in a decent amount of time too. I would actually be pretty close already had I not spent all that money I already saved, but that's in the past. Here's hoping that I'll be able to stick with this one, and make some progress. I mean 140 isn't that outlandish.
I've already modified the money counter for this new goal. It might not look too different (in fact it's the same one as before just resized), but once it start filling up, it'll look different. It's certainly going to be faster. Which is okay in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment