Saturday, March 10, 2012

End of a "creative" week in title alone

I have to start off this post again saying I've hit another financial snag. Before you all start gathering your pitchforks and lighting your torches and assembling as an angry mob, let me tell you, I didn't buy a new doll. In fact I didn't buy anything for myself. I spent my money on my Mom's birthday present. Her birthday is rapidly approaching at the end of the month (in fact all my immediate family celebrates our birthday's between the months of March and July) and I needed to get her something. I wanted to get her something she really wanted, and I did have a decent idea of what she wanted I just needed to find the best price for it. Late tonight I managed to find a new one at a decent price, so I bought it. It's going to be here sometime next week. I doubt she reads my blog, but just in case she stumbles onto it I'm going to keep the present a secret. I just need to remember to tell my Dad so that he doesn't get the same thing for her. I'm not gong to bother updating the money counter since I didn't clear it completely out, but the next couple of sold items I'm not going to be able to update it either.

I did do some sewing today. It started off as an idea for Skooter, but after making most of the bodice I just was feeling it on her. I didn't gave up, I still liked what I was making, but just not on Skooter. Instead I gave it to someone else. Luckily with some of these dolls even though they're older there's not much difference in size. After I switched dolls I kept working on it, but it wasn't easy, the fabric I chose is super fray happy, and is being such a nightmare. I ran into some fit issues and while trying to fix that managed to screw up the skirt. That's when I called it quits for the day (it was pretty late in the day to be sewing). I'm not totally sure if I'm done for just tonight or forever on that dress. I'm not liking how it's turning out. Stupid fit issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment