Monday, March 26, 2012

Floral Madness!

I woke up this morning to some good news, a pattern of mine sold during the night. It was an older one that I posted... last selling week (I think). The buyer was from London, it's pretty cool the places I'm sending these patterns to. What a good way to start of this selling week, right? I was able to get the patterns for today edited and added back to the site. I even have one person contact me asking me to put one on reserve for her. She's actually been a repeat customer, which I think is pretty cool. After I got the patterns listed onto the site, I got to work getting the one that sold ready for the mail. I was expecting to go out later in the day and wanted to get it taken care of so I didn't have to rush getting it done later in the day.
Before going out I got some frustrating news, the person who asked to put the pattern on reserve decided to not get it. She sent me an e-mail telling me that she needed it in a different size and didn't feel like doing all that work to up-size it. Whatever, really not that big of a deal. I was a little annoyed since for the peak posting hours it was marked "Reserved" and I can't get those back. I kind of wish the "buyer" had been a little apologetic in their e-mail to me, I did put the effort in to reserve it for them per their request. But what's done is done, I'll just know to be a little less trusting of this buyer, but at least they did tell me, so that was good. Maybe someone else will want it.
I was finally able to go out in the late afternoon. The first stop was getting that package into the mail. It's on it's way to London, and the buyer. I hope she likes it. After the post office I visited Hobby Lobby. I'd like to say that I was good, I'd like to say I didn't spend much, and I can! I was stopping in for an actual reason. They had snaps on sale this week, all of their "sewology" brand stuff was on sale, and that's the best place to get snaps in town. I don't really need them (I still have a full sheet from the last time they were on sale), but I figured that since they were on sale this week and I know I will eventually use them I might as well get them. This way I know I won't run out anytime soon. I did look at other stuff in the store, but I didn't bother getting anything. Don't have any sewing projects I need supplies for, and I've seen enough of their fabric section to know that I don't want anything from there. I know it's only been a month, but I think that month break really did help my overspending in that store.
I also stopped in one second hand store while out, the United Christan Outreach Center. Not much to see there today. The toy section did seem to have some new stuff, but nothing that pertained to me. Fabric section was pretty bland as well, except for one thing. I don't know why, but this one piece of fabric really called to me, even though it's so not my usual style. It's this linen type fabric in an remarkably mod over-sized floral print. It's really incredibly too big for Barbie. Check out how big the pattern is compared to the Cinderella pencil in the shot. But I could not leave it there, it was much too much of an amazing print to just leave behind. The bold colors and wild print just called to me. I needed to have it, I could not leave without it. It was only fifty cents, but I think it's money well spent. No clue what to do with it, but that pattern is divine. Funny thing is, my favorite part didn't get in the photo. In the bottom left corner is a while flower with red and pink accents, you can see part of it, but not all of it. That's my favorite part of the fabric, it's so pretty! I think I'm going mad for mod! (I blame Twiggy!)
I didn't get back home from being out until pretty late in the day. When I was back, I really didn't feel like doing much of anything, especially not the patterns for tomorrow. It's pretty bad, it's only the second day and I'm already tired of doing them. That does not bode well for this week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: the fabric you bought is beautiful and original. Sure you can make some beautiful creations. It is spring. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete